{discontinued}[Announcement] An Autogyro for MSFS

any news ? ^^

Hi, The project is discontinued

1 Like

Bummer. :frowning: Wonder if it’s because of perceived market size, difficulty with autogyro flight modeling on MSFS, or just enough contracting for MS that that’s the priority now?

1 Like

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bad news!

1 Like

Sad news indeed. Fancied flying one (virtually of course!) since witnessing a display at Duxford.

My gut feeling is 10% the market, 20% the physics, 70% the commissions :slight_smile:

The only issue is the flight model, a manufacturer contacted me to make an autogyro but I had to refuse because of that. In the meantime I had many projects with microsoft, the autogyro can be proposed as a partner project with microsoft but the problem remains the same: a viable flight model.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, Bluemesh. Been a fan since I bought the Caudron, so was looking forward to this, but totally get that the MSFS flight modeling might make an edge-case unusual aircraft like an autogyro difficult to simulate realistically.

Apologies for my rude assumption :handshake: :angel:

I’d wrongly assumed that as you had already made some progress that you’d found a good enough solution for the handling. Let’s hope one day all that stuff is made more possible by the powers that be!

1 Like

Totally agreed, I spent so many funny hours in the Xplane 11 freeware Ela 07s I think is the name. What a pity this project, I just knew about it now with illusion, and at same time that it was discontinued, hope its release in the future.

Maybe the flight model has matured enough now?. Contact with Cowan or other big copter developer to take the flight model job?

Hi, the flight model is not longer a problem. Maybe in the future it will happen :wink:

8 Likes