Discouraged…

It’s been fine for me personally with my VKB Gladiator NXT. I do have a pair of rudder pedals from PFC but those pretty much stay at my dedicated sim PC (which I am in the process of upgrading, it wouldn’t run MSFS well at all).

That’s what @wcoesel said…

Are you perchance thinking of “the beaten path?”

They said from the beginning they are on a 10 year plan.
So we have about 8 years left for them to make if a premier simulation!

1 Like

Have a look through this thread if you are curious about what’s out there:

1 Like

I’ve had my CH Products rudder pedals for 25 years with never an issue (except the occasional guitar pick that falls into them. Easy enough to get out… “Why don’t I have full range of… oh”). I’m pretty sure I got this set in 1997.

1 Like

Nope but may mean the same thing. Definitely beaten track…

Oh I see what I did :joy:

If you read the Xbox threads you find exactly the same thing being said…and that is a closed ecosystem where every device is exactly the same…

Then what’s happening with Xbox where different users are also having very different performance experiences?

1 Like

Possibly it’s the simple fact that different people have different responses, and reactions to stimuli.

There are those who will swear blind that 20fps is smooth, and playable. Whereas I consider anything <40fps sub-optimal.

I consider the sim very usable, whereas someone else may say the sim is unflyable as they don’t see the tail number on their aircraft.

We are all different.

Thanks for this!

1 Like

that is very simple, there are addons, and settings not the same for everyone.
usually it is an addon.

Yes, this has been my experience as well. Finally broke down and picked up the Thrustmaster TPR pedals and can’t believe I waited so long to do it. What an enormous difference, and the immersion is greatly enhanced.

To the OP (@LeMuraro): It is easy to get discouraged when some aspect of a sim (that is really important to you) doesn’t function like you want. That is completely understandable. That was true for me with every former MS flight sim release since the beginning, as well as for Prepar3D, but little by little the dev teams fixed the issues along the way, and I never looked back. As others have said, we’re 2 years in on a 10-year plan. I am confident this product will get polished more and more, and all the pesky issues will start to pass away. Hang in there, my friend.

2 Likes

There are indeed cases where an add-on is at fault within the Xbox threads.
There are plenty of cases where no add-ons are being used.

The range of settings available to Xbox users is more limited than that available to PC users and there shouldn’t be a single setting within the Xbox version which would crash the device or wreck performance, this would be extremely poor software development and also really easy to test for and replicate.

For more subtle things there may be an element of this at play. But major performance drops and CTD’s aren’t purely perception.

I would suggest that the biggest factor would be that so very much of the Sim experience is actually streamed which means that regardless of platform the actual user experience is going to be impacted by which servers you are connecting to and what your route to those servers looks like.

While we are all a lot more connected than we were even a decade ago it may be that the world isn’t actually ready for an interactive experience which relies so heavily on streaming.

Amongst the more subtle factors may also be that supply chain issues result in some Xboxes actually having slightly different components and that they are in fact not all the same, this is purely speculation of course, I have no inside knowledge of Microsoft’s manufacture process but I do work for a tech manufacturer where we have experienced significant supply chain issues.

As mentioned though, that’s purely speculative and likely the much bigger factor would be geographic location and which servers you are streaming the scenery assets from.

Your on the wrong graphics card if your intent was for VR … and this is coming from a person happily using an AMD card.
I knew what AMD’s strengths and limitations are and applied those things to my use case appropriately and i am very happy with it. Among the current gen graphics cards
Rasterization performance up to 1440p . AMD
VR and 4k . Nvidia is the more mature product.
So those CTDs your experiencing i cant see the sim being at fault as AMD is just getting up to speed on VR support.

Apart from 2 service updates that screwed the sim with obvious graphical and other degradation. I cant really complain. But i fly the FBW A320 almost exclusively doing hops of 400 to 700nm and that team is on top of making sure their aircraft works in the sim so i can look past the other little niggles that may get introduced after a service update of the sim.

If the service update is really bad though. I find something else to do until it gets patched. I mean, im sure there are other things that a person can do instead of incessantly complaining that the dev isn’t improving the game right ?

The biggest reason people experience CTD is their own hardware having interrupt issues.

Expensive for sure but very good, solid metal pedals. I love mine.

1 Like

As soon as this cool Fenix and the PMDG737 are released all negative moods will be gone.
But of course I too think that these AWESOME beyond impressive cloud visual should be brought back.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.