Discussion: E3 Announcement

in fact, it is a remake of the acceleration pack for fsx

3 Likes

So they will continue to release new content and old bugs will stay, Releasing DLC with content that should be there from the beginning (Heli ?).

1 Like

It is possible, you donā€™t know. What I know is that I have a bunch of unannounced products, some using the JS/HTML SDK, some others not related to gauges, and 10 months after applying they are still processing my market place application. At least, you wonā€™t get new bugs from my products for the time being!

3 Likes

I hope itā€™s cross platform multiplayer. A lot of my friends will buy this for Xbox but not PC. Iā€™d like to be able to fly with them from my PC

1 Like

It seems they put in majority aircrafts and sceneries. if your products are not in this range (or are in concurrency with internal products), you have no chance.
But anyway, iā€™m happy this product exists. and it is not because i use it that i stopped using old one or concurrent product, it is just a different usage.
And MSFS is a very good base if right decisions are taken for the future.

Well, they didnā€™t took the time since March 2020 asking what these products of mine are eitherā€¦

They were busy with xbox version and Tom Cruise avatar :joy:

4 Likes

I thought you were in touch with @Bishop398 regarding your concern?

Yes, lower price then honeycomb too.

Yes, the performance will improve, but maybe by 20-30% overall in terms of fps, that would be a massive advancement and success but not by 300%. The quotes you are putting here say absolutely nothing about 3 fold improvement. That exact quote about 3 fold improvement I refer to is in the link and clearly it is only about memory (i put the time stamp). If anyone expects 3 fold fps performance improvement, you are for a bad surprise.

2 Likes

I seem to recall some posts somewhere that at certain times when one would expect more users flying, people experienced slowdown, but this is from memory, not sure where I saw it here. I must assume that MS will scale up the servers. ( I hope). But I dont think they would switch in seperate servers. That would seem to go against their whole direction of travel.
I havent had any issues with msfs thus far so I hope it will stay that way.
It is certainly true that spreading the Simulator to a wider user base will ensure its continued development and future.

Please state your source. I am pretty sure it was not.

Looks like the standard is 30fps confirmed by mfs team. However, if your tv supports vrr then it can go even higher. They did not reveal any specific information if Xbox series x will do 60fps-1440p resolution for exampleā€¦

I believe I have seen that statement but only as directed towards XBox optimizations as compared to the PC?

Multiplayer is cross-play, also with the Steam version

Agree, here another one, and this will be implemented slowly not all at once, that was older then your Q@A

Main things on DX12 improvement is light will be better, reflection, no grain on windows reflection, water, shadows, raytracing, better FX etcā€¦

They want Xbox same as PC version quality. Indirectly performance is improved because of less memory access, cache used and more stable.

Yes, all true. Agree. But not 3 times the performance. MSFS will run 30fps locked at 4k on Xbox presumably on Ultra (we do not know if this is the same ULTRA as on PC). My current PC runs at similar fps (25-50). Given that my current PC is about 30% faster than Xbox, that is the performance gain you can realistically expect.

2 Likes

As much as Iā€™d like to, Iā€™m not going through a years worth of dev updatesā€¦LOL. I guess weā€™ll have to agree to disagree. Or better yet, Iā€™ll concede. You win. o7.

Well i donā€™t think they will sell anywhere near 2 million copies on Xbox. Steam alone has 120 million active monthly users and there arenā€™t that many consoles. Also the flightsim community on PC are often older people with jobs who literally spend thousands of dollars on scenery addons and peripherals. MSFS will help promote the console but the main market for the simulation genre is PC. The point of simulation games is that you can go in-depth as you progress into the hobby.

1 Like

Anybody know where this is?

4 Likes