Discussion: E3 Announcement

I think your nightmare has already come true - last night I saw an Ad on TV for a travel company here in the UK called Trivago. The end of the Ad showed an aerial view of London, at about 1000ft over the Thames with Tower Bridge below and… two luxury yachts where the HMS Belfast should be!

4 Likes

No it wasnt lol. It literally says 'real time 4k in Xbox series x", it may be hard to believe but it’s true

2 Likes

Ok dude chill, I was talking about flight sim not anything else

TCruise

1 Like

Okey “dude”, i will “chill”.

I think that’s unjustified to be honest, there are other reasons why they might want to speed up the video if that’s indeed what happened and speeding up video doesn’t equate to smoother frames either.

Lets wait and see, of course performance will be a challenge even on the Xbox Series X but I’m sure it will be a great experience as well. :slight_smile:

Not bad eh? Buy a Xbox series X and this controlsystem and your done…
And you don’t have to buy a triple overpriced and sheer unavailable GPU anymore.

5 Likes

It undoubtedly is, and I think on some footage they even included a x2/x4 overlay. On those that didn’t you could see the clock was running faster than normal by looking at the seconds tick away. You could also tell by looking at the airspeed, and altitude tapes on the G1000. It was obvious.

1 Like

Depends on how serious you are, for some it will be good enough.
I think for more serious simmers it looks like a toy.

1 Like

Oh, well it looks way better then the mighty popular Logitech G yoke and even most other yokes on the market if you ask me…

If you are just starting out in flight simulation this is a very attractive bit of kit. Other than the rudder pedals, its a drop in solution.

3 Likes

Yes i agree. Did they mention a price? But i wonder where you would attach it to if you have an Xbox connected to your TV. You will need some kind of table or desk setup or stand. (or playseat)

350 dollar, and it even has a 3.5 inch jack connection for a headset :blush:

3 Likes

That’s a bit steep i think. Honeycomb will work on Xbox right?

You dont buy Hardware by the looks of it. Also you still need Rudders.

With an adapter they will release later on, yes. But they will make an Xbox-Version aswell.

1 Like

My TFRP rudders work on the Xbox

2 Likes

For those of us, like me, who have been on board since last August and who have experienced the many disappointed expectations created by the flashy marketing videos and the later product, I just would be cautious on what to expect on Xbox. I certainly hope all the high expectations are being met. Sadly the past year often tells a different story and the resulting shitstorms and complaints in this forum are a testament to this. Hope Asobo has learned to better manage expectations or even better deliver what they promised.

4 Likes

Compared to getting a yoke and throttle quadrant set from either Logitech (eeeeewwww) or Honeycomb, it’s actually cheaper. You get a lot for you money. But on the flip side, when they offer that much for such a price, I’d be more concerned about quality and durability.

I’m a firm believer in the “buy cheap, buy often” and “buy once, cry once” mantras.

4 Likes

Looks a little bit mickey mouse doesn’t it?

2 Likes