Discussion: Patch Version 1.14.6.0

What’s your CPU utilization look like with the 3080? I’m considering a 5600X to replace the 3600X in my system, but running a 5700XT, so I doubt I’ll see any fps improvement at all

Mid flight in the FBW (latest Dev) A320 and the new update is running (dare I say it) great!

Nothing odd, actually seems like more activity in the sky, and smooth frames. Only getting 30-35 FPS but that’s plenty for a sim (for me anyway), not the wild 15-60FPS roller coaster before that was making me queasy. Now with a solid 32/33 FPS and no stutter the realism seems so much better. Getting up to cruising alt and FPS jumped to 42-47, but again solid not all over the place. I’ll take it, anything over 30+ FPS is good with me just could not take the stutter.

Setup: FBW A320, Rex Weather, i7 8 core 4.6GHz, 32GB, night flight.

PS I felt the need to post, as I have been quite critical in the past.

2 Likes

I’m jealous. No improvement for me

1 Like

Well the love fest is over… But this might have been the dev version of FBW. I didn’t CTD but while using the flight computer and setting up my arrival MSFS locked up and kept doing the engine noise. Oh well. It was a good take off and cruise anyway… Maybe next month.

@DaveBGaming Sorry no improvement! Maybe one day.

Having flown around New York for an hour or so in all different types of aircraft since my post, I’m now pretty confident it’s a London issue rather than a full sim issue. I do still get strange pauses whenever ATC hands off or speaks for the first time in a while through.

Central London just seems flat out broken at this point.

1 Like

How many of us with PC’s and Laptops are there? Is there a projection how many Xbox users they’ll have after they roll it out?

Nice sunset flight KPDX - KSFO. Widescreen 1440 on a 2070 Super at high to ultra settings, 33FPS inside the cockpit, 48 outside. Well done. On to the next issue! ATC telling every flight to go around 50 feet over the runway!

Hotfix was a success ‘BECAUSE’ they took their time. The community has to give them time and not rush them and we can expect these kind of results. My only caveat is I wish they would communicate each day, even if there is nothing new to report.

3 Likes

Tonight on the ILS at KSTS Rwy 32 I was behind a slow one in the Mooney. Doing S-turns all the way down. Was waiting for “Go around” but the guy got off the runway first taxiway. :slight_smile:

I found a bug, I think: I have not change any setting before the update, but every time I try to apply the throttle control (Logitech Throttle Quadrant) but it set up the reverse thrust.

Everything is running remarkably smoother for me. I have a fairly dated computer and play on middle of the road graphics settings, but I notice things look smoother and the overall performance is extremely stable wether at FL300 or coming in for a landing. Thank you Asobo!

Mmm adobo. You’re making me hungry.

2 Likes

I’m glad you keep releasing more and more updates and improving performance … I only have one problem! Flight simulator 2020 on my rtx 3080 Aorus xtreme card only works with 457.51 drivers … Whenever I install the latest updated drivers the game crashes after a few minutes of !!! And for a few weeks that I have not used the Sim anymore, I was tired of continuous crashes or performances from 50 fps up to 10 … Now I reinstall the Sim to see if something has really changed … At least in terms of performance … Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Better than after su3 but still not as good in vr as 3 months ago.

I’m glad some people are happier but in all honesty, FS2020 is still a mess. Maybe in 6 months time it will be usable as a flight sim rather than a scenery simulator.

For GA, I guess it’s ok more or less but for serious Ifr, forget it for now.

Much much smoother.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Nice improvements to the sim, a lot smoother. Haven’t tried add-ons though, afraid it’ll mess up things. My settings are a mix of Ultra and High. Running on a i9 9900K, 1080ti, and NVMe drives. Just gonna enjoy what I have going for now. Probably going to hold out on adding (free mods) or buying add-ons until I see how the next update goes.

This patch did very little to nothing for my experience.
I’ve updated my graphics card firmware, tried dropping the quality to low and then back again.
I’ve tried dropping more quality out of the graphics settings and I still can’t get fps to where it was before the last update.
I’m still flying around large cities, LA, NY, London, Sydney, Brisbane. 13-15fps. At it’s worst I get the dreaded CTD.
This is rubbish.

Sad to hear some of you guys getting frequent ctd’s.

Might be something to do with third party add ons?

It might help if everyone explained the bug they had.

There seem to be …

1. CTD - not repeatable by all
  2. Ever increasing RAM use leading to gradual degradation of FPS over time -
  3. Global FPS drop - not seen by all
  4. Geographic FPS drop, easy to define 100% repeatable by all

I only had #4 and my experience matches with the patch notes, it’s 80% better.

Add your add-ons one by one and see. I have added all my add-ons and still smooth as ever.