Discussion + Poll: Hotfix 1.18.14.0

Seems that wrong altitude by atc is not fixed.
Was at fl440 with live weather, 29.92, and got called multiple times that i was 400’ off and had to descend

1 Like

There should be a windows crash file for it

Downloaded 300 something kilobytes of the patch, steam edition. Unfortunately, Im still CTDing when clicking “Fly”. Community folder has been empty this whole time. Not sure whats up at this point now. Anyone have any troubleshooting steps I can follow that are outside of Sim troubleshooting? Ive exhausted quite a few options at this point.

Before the update it was just PC players on the load. Now throw in the Xbox crowd, not just 24h…when they planned Xbox launch, server load should have been considered. Microsoft is a billion dollar company…they have the resources

i dont just flew over london area , lax area, live trafific on, very smooth , no issues, no popups.
some people have issues , some have not.

1 Like

Still getting a CTD as the sim is just loading the UI - the Cessna appears briefly then the sim CTD’s.
Really disappointed but also not surprised to be honest.
Do not know what to try next apart from running the gauntlet and trying a re-install and 18 hours of downloading that I expect will fail again. :frowning:

Dont. I already did that and it didnt fix it. Dont waste your time.

1 Like

Man, this behaviour…

plese revert back to SU4 and solve the issues step by step

1 Like

I use a powered usb hub. You have 1 to try?

So outside of Scenery caused CTD’s after the SU5 update, and way to often Pauses during flights, in the Menu, whenever they felt like happening, since this Hotfix I have had literally 0 pauses on this 150nm test flight today. Holy ■■■■ it’s fantastic. Bravo Guys this is a fantastic Hotfix.

3 Likes

What is this Asobo?! You give us a patch that we cant download? This would take years for me, the sim is stopping at 10 MBITS, and I have 500 available

This is a long shot, but for me clicking ‘Fly’ only worked when I put my power profile to ‘Balanced’.

Curious to see if that helps other people too. Apparently it doesn’t like the processor running too fast.

Server load is a thing

The patch fixed my problems. No freezing during 30 min flight. Thanks to all!

1 Like

Right - I changed the max FPS to 60 in the nvidia control panel under 3d settings.

I have now successfully downloaded WU1 & WU2 and am about 1/4 way through WU3.

This is the longest I have gone without a CTD since SU5 by a long stretch!!

I am starting to get pretty excited that this may be working :smiley:

Many thanks for your help and suggestions and fingers crossed, this may be the solution!

Mind sharing some screenshots or a video around Los Angeles at different altitudes? Los Angeles can look so bad it makes me happy that I have Orbx True Earth SoCal for P3D and XP.

1 Like

When I would type in a tail number it wouldn’t save in the menu, but it would still be on the plane when I loaded up the flight. But it was acting weird. If I put a 5 character number it would give me *****. But 6 characters worked fine. It was weird. At least this was happening before this hotfix.

1 Like

Mouse disappearing issue still exists. Pretty disappointed. Can’t really fly like that, hunting for the mouse all the time, hitting escape button etc.

Mine is see to performance but maybe it’s different for some processors.