Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0)

You keep saying this but the memory allocator IS in the sim for non-Nvidia users as per the release notes. I am a developer (not of games) and it seems to me perfectly possible the code is there but disabled unless the Nvidia driver is >= to a certain version

1 Like

That is normal for the monitor to go black when using DDU. It should only stay black for about 5 seconds and then come back on.

Just uploading a video showing my issue with SU10: heavy, heavy stutters, whatever resolutions I use, from 1920x1080, 2560x1440 and 3840x2160), TAA or DLSS Performance+ or Quality.
Edit : DX11 or DX12 same result
I have Windows 11 22H2 from yesterday, NVidia 516.94
I7 10700K no OC (for testing purpose)
RTX3070 no OC
32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
Sim on SSD NVME
Unfortunately I didnā€™t test the Sim right after having Win11 22H2 so it could come from it. I tested several other games with and without DLSS, all resolutions, and only MSFS do that.

Edit2: Problem seems CPU related, I have 100% usage on last logical core, all other are quiet. No need to say that didnā€™t happen with SU09ā€¦

2 Likes

You need to go into your control settings and reset the mouse profile, or something like that - thatā€™s been the workaround for this issue since SU5 or whenever this changed.

Thatā€™s what I thought but it didnā€™t come back on. Perhaps I was just too impatient. :rofl:

I wish we could klick away software tips in VR with SU 10. That still isnā€™t possible.

Iā€™m not going to disagree that this could be an issue, but Iā€™ve moved between Studio and Game drivers regularly with no problems (I always do a clean install though, so that may be the reason).

I see a marked improvement in performance with DX12 and the nVidia 517.40 Studio driver.

Prior to this, DX12 was a disaster for me with the last iteration of the beta, which is the identical version to the current final release.

1 Like

That is listed under the things that are fixed in this driver.

Umm, thanks, but how do i reset it?

Guys, yā€™all should have just stayed in the beta group. They announced that the beta group is on the same version as the final, plus the beta group is staying open and anyone on it will automatically get the SU11 beta soonā€¦ that is when itā€™s ready.

FWIW Iā€™ve installed the studio driver, seems to be working ok. Strange thing in DX12 though, when I switched dev mode on, the FPS counter wasnā€™t showing, just the menu up top.

1 Like

Try quitting the game, updating the driver and restarting the computer. That worked for me.

Hi, is anybody else getting an increase in FPS using DX 12 and the new NVidia Studio driver?

Thank you!
Iā€™ll check it!

How is DX12 meant to improve things over DX11?

Does it shift more stuff to the GPU ?

Thnx

2 attempted flights, 2 CTDs. Only had 2 in the entire beta, and they were crashes to desktop with no errors.

This time, however,

I know this errorā€™s been plaguing people through the beta. I hadnā€™t experienced it. It was reported over and over, but never addressed. And now I have it.

And to be clear, I have no overclocks, my temps were fine at about 60C, and GPU memory was only 80% used.

Maybe. The first time it did that to me I restarted my PC. :joy:

except for that white dot everything runs great and smooth for meā€¦ not noticing real differences for now between other updatesā€¦ other then gsx is not working again

And i see live traffic also now so wow

1 Like

The only way I was able to cure that was DDU and reinstalling the nVidia driver. I also reinstalled the simā€™s base executable (obviously protecting my content folder from destruction, first).

I saw you installed the Studio driver, so Iā€™d have thought youā€™d not see that message.

I just installed the Studio driver this AM, but I still havenā€™t seen that message return for me.

That message is wrong, but it does reflect a real issue. I believe this is a GPU out of memory issue, no doubt caused by trying to use DX12 without the right driver. I would guess switching back to DX11 will be needed for you until that driver becomes available.

1 Like