Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0)

Oh, that’s not good. I’m sure that message is GPU related. I’ll double check.

:rofl:

I just got that error message, but I was updating my GPU drivers so that may have triggered it.

So I have to admit I am very disappointed with SU10…DLSS is very blurry - absolutely useless as of now, but I guess it will be fixed by new game ready drivers…but what is worse…the performance when using TAA and same settings as on SU9 I have lost around 10fps

1 Like

I feel that my graphics are worse than before the update (TAA, ultra, render scale 120, RTX3070ti).

I will customize and adjust the settings, but I am disappointed at first glance. Didn`t try DLSS yet.

2 Likes

it gave me diarrhea, thats for sure.

1 Like

Anyone else get a ctd if trying to pop out the atc menu in DX12?

Did a couple short flights after the update. Went to a few photogrammetry areas with fighter jets and I’m surprised how smooth the frame rate was. The best it’s been since I bought MSFS for the series x in April. Didn’t do any long flights or anything yet.

1 Like

How can I tell if I’m on the latest beta version or the release version? When I fired up the simulator today, literally nothing happened, no update of any kind. Is that because the latest beta and the release version is exactly the same? How can I make sure not to be on beta any more?

When in the game, switch to Windowed Mode. It will show the version in the top-left.
It should say 1.27.21.0
BTW, the latest Beta version is the Final Release. No changes were made.

-Good:

Nxi G1000

-Bad:

CTD with “your GPU overheated…”
Live weather clouds depiction is still uterly broken and lost the beauty and greatness it once had (for 1 whole year now).

1 Like

And you will have to do this silly workaround every time. They broke HDR via full screen in SU10 (without the work around)

Those of us who decide to remain in beta, will also benefit from updates by 3rd party developers for their products, right?

If you’re on the beta you have the final version just like everyone else.

1 Like

The beta is the final release.

The million dollar question….

You’re on Xbox ? Have to select Xbox system update

Yes, for sure.

1 Like

The water seems very static after the update. No waves, nothing, all flat. And all my settings are on ULTRA… DX11

It only is in LIVE WEATHER. So apparently maybe some data issues.

2 Likes

:warning: Something went terribly wrong with the rendering on Xbox. There is terrible ghosting now in the cockpit. You pan the camera and it’s as if you see double. It doesn’t stutter but feels like it! It made my head hurt, it’s so bad that it’s a porential health hazard.

Hello! Is it possible to turn this off somehow?

So after a few more testing I do remember having around 10-15 FPS more in SU9. great update…

2 Likes