Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0)

SD drivers may not be for gaming, but the latest SD driver includes the MSFS fix, so it’s a legitimate question and an official answer should be provided.

6 Likes

Mine jumped around like this too.

Yes, same thing happened here on Steam. No beta was installed.

Microsoft, please explain what is going on with SU10, nVidia and DX12

It is unappropriate to merge this question of upmost importance into this thread. We need to know if switching to the studio driver is needed and expect an answer.

Mod Edit: formatting

5 Likes

You need to reinstall, the same happen to me… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

The fix is not required because the VRAM optimisation is not in the sim. So no need for studio driver.

1 Like

From what I read if am on Beta on series x there was no update but when I load the sim nothing in release notes so if I left Beta now what would happen? It says if you want to leave Beta wait for the release but have I had it?:smile:

1 Like

I was hoping to see this, mine did the same and I thought it was just mine :slight_smile:

Doesn’t matter. You won’t see any difference since Asobo/MSFS do not have the optimization activated on this update release.

We still have to wait for Nvidia to release game ready drivers by the looks of it.

All this time wasted!!

4 Likes

UK MS Store. No update. How bizarre.

Thanks but does this mean now I can leave Beta or would I end up having to install everything again?

Me neither, here in Germany. Gonna try a reboot…

1 Like

that’s not true. it’s the benefits are already activated on non-nvidia cards. there’s something in the upcoming driver that will unlock this feature for nvidia cards.

1 Like

Did HDR get fixed? This was a top bug in the beta and it never got resolved.

If what is being reported is the correct method, then you should be able to leave the beta without having to do a reinstallation since you’re already on the same version as final release.

2 Likes

Agreed. Probably the most important question and looks to be getting avoided and passed on.

No DLSS here even though it’s RTX 2060…

Try starting the sim that is what started my update.

2 Likes

What? That doesn’t sound promising.