Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

Hello GhostlyFrend,

There is no detailed Release notes this time. I understandi what you meant. The team focused on optimizing the sim the past couple of months. The list of each changes would have take days/weeks to gather.

Be sure that future updated will have detailed Release notes!

4 Likes

Double check the update page on the Microsoft Store.

Back up your Official/OneStore folder before launching. Mine, and few others, were wiped!

This may only be related to those in the beta, but at the moment it looks like only those installed in the standard folder are being wiped, and custom install locations are okay. Can anyone confirm?

1 Like

REALLY curious if the lack of wind gusts has been fixed. I’m betting that it has
 that was a really serious problem.

I can’t wait to get home and try it out!!! :grinning:

1 Like

Same here - exactly 40.29 for me.

Perhaps they should document the changes as they do them? Then it won’t take days/weeks to gather

9 Likes

There are spelling errors in release notes, not a biggie but seriously a big co. like ms shouldn’t be making such errors. “Legacy” in Options / eneral Options instead of General. Makes me nervous for the update lol

1 Like

I hope the known issues are not gamebreaking!

INSTALLATION

• Leaving the title while downloading content for 10+ minutes causes the download to restart in Content Manager.
    • Workaround:
      • Restart downloads if title is suspended during content download

CTDs

• Downloading ~25 GB of content and entering a flight durations of 2+ hours may cause a crash or service disconnection issue
    • Workaround:
      • On Xbox: press the Xbox (jewel) button on the console face once, which places the console into connected standby mode. Then, press it again to wake it back up.
  • Sim may crash after connecting / disconnecting peripheral
        • No known workaround at this time
  • Sim may crash when flying with AI traffic
          • Workaround:
            • Set AI Traffic settings off by going to General > Traffic > Aircraft Traffic Type > OFF
  • Sim crashes when returning to default profile for Mouse from a custom one
    • Workaround:
      • Users who are unable to manipulate the aircraft instrument panels due to using a custom profile for the Mouse and are unable to switch to the default profile for this bug can work around this by switching to the Legacy interaction model.

MULTIPLAYER

• Xbox Live Friends will not appear on in-game leaderboards unless a friend request has also been sent and accepted within the sim
    • Workaround:
      • If users do not see leaderboards propagating as expected, ensure that friends are added within the sim

PERIPHERALS/CONTROLS

• Syncing customized controller mappings from a PC build to console may cause the controller to become unresponsive other than the B button.

• Workaround:
      • Select the Default controller profile in your PC settings and sync the updated settings to the Console
      • Use an external mouse attached directly to the console to update to the Default controller profile and then customize as needed.
  • User can get stuck in the Freelook view and be unable to bring the cursor back up

• Workarounds:
      • Restart the flight, this will set the Cockpit Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
      • Use a mouse and press the scroll wheel in, this will change Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
      • Go to Options > General > Camera > Cockpit Camera > Toggle Home cockpit mode “OFF” .

SCENERY

• Textures in Free Flight do not properly render nearing both the North and South Poles

• Workaround: Select another location for Free Flight
  • Groups in Free-Flight causes TIN Data to fail to continually load in during Multiplayer

• Workaround:
      • Leave the group
      • Re-enter gameplay with open MP Settings

AIRCRAFT/AVIONICS

• Plane altitude is different than expected

• No known workaround
  • COM radio unexpectedly goes off frequency shortly after departure on IFR flight plan

• Workaround:
      • To recover, the user can tune back to the previous frequency.
  • Pilot informs ATC they are descending to their assigned altitude even though they’re still below it

• No known workaround
  • Fuel information not saving in flight (FLT) files so user starts off with no fuel

• Workaround:
      • Refuel after flight loads

FLIGHT PLANNING

• User will not be able to launch a saved flight plan using a deleted aircraft. The FLY button in the loading screen will be disabled with no messaging.

• Workaround:
      • Re-install missing aircraft used in saved flight plan
      • Create new flight plan with valid aircraft installed
  • User may see incorrect duplicate waypoints in their flight plan

• Workaround:
      • Click on the destination and press “insert before” to enter your waypoints in the correct order
  • On VFR flight plan aircraft automatically under Flight Following without having request it

• Workarounds: Depending on whether the flight departed a controlled or uncontrolled airport the steps to cancel Flight Following will differ:
      • Uncontrolled Airport
        • After taking off and when the option becomes available, tune to Departure and cancel Flight Following.
      • Controlled Airport
        • Take-off and exit the airport’s airspace.
        • Tune to the tower of a nearby controlled airport (may be the one that you just took off from).
        • Request permission to land.
        • After given your landing clearance cancel your landing intentions.
        • Tune to Departure.
        • Cancel Flight Following.

Online services unavailable warning upon loading game and now stuck on “checking for updates” screen.

3 Likes

Hu, what??? I dont Even know what to respond if asobo dont See That we Must have detailed Patch notes
 Even After one year we have to „fight“ for this Kind of things?

3 Likes

If you have Nvidia you can limit fps in Nvidia control panel.

I cannot find the update either. For every other update prior, I was prompted to update upon starting the sim. That is not happening. So, I tried going into the Microsoft Store. It shows I own MSFS, but low & behold, no updates
 First time this has happened for me.

1 Like

and you need those why exactly?

1 Like

Wonder how long it’ll take them to fix that. It’s been that way since before the release lol.

1 Like

Absolute bloody nightmare, carried out instructions re opting out of beta and boom my complete installation has gone, Thank you.

The game already crashed twice for me during loading.

5 Likes

Rebooting PC then going back to the store to check for updates usually fixes that issue for me.

its just keep crashing
 4 CTD’s just in loading and content manager

2 Likes

Slow update from Windows Store.

Then froze checking for updates on first launch. Double checked internet speed and getting 80+Mbps download.

Now had two CTDs shortly after selecting to continue with updating

2 Likes

Don’t count on it :wink: .
This release was mainly focused on performance improvements and Xbox compatibility.
Improvements to the weather model have to wait to a next release I think.

And
 there are lots and lots of other improvements to be made too