Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VII (January Build 1.21.18.0)

I totally agree with you.

I know this post will be flagged. Microsobo need to review their ‘Code of conduct’ to allow for legitimate criticism, even if that may conflict with marketing objectives.

How can we realistically discuss anything if we are not allowed to express a contrary opinion?

I don’t blame the moderators either; they don’t make the rules.

1 Like

@SIedDriver
Not having any problems here with 930 (PC/store version). What’s your total weight and CG position with the fuel load at 21%?
If this continues to be a problem, we should move it to another thread to discuss.
Regards

Weather progress confirmed. Wow. Just did a short flight in GA, USA, and it was amazing. Clouds, storm, wind and turbulence just like I remember from the beta days.
One thing I would fix though, the sim appears to crash when alt-tabbing out and attempting to use Chrome. Edge, no issue. Nice work guys.

Thanks. That’s sorted the FWB.

Some add-on planes throttle no longer work for me after today’s update. I.e. the F22 Add-on no longer responds to throttle, some other planes have this issue too while others still work fine.

Anyone has this issue too ?

1 Like

I’ve just cleared the community folder and reinstalled the experimental, still doesn’t load into the aircraft, just on the flight loading splash screen.

I managed to load 2 flights in the FBW after the update but now it seems to have stopped working…!

I’m glad that it solved your issue, happy flying !

Oh PLEASE!

Read 2 of the 100000+ topics on the forum and still with dry eyes dare to tell we moderate criticism away.

We allow almost all criticism. What we don’t allow is ranting and harassing the dev team and/or MS, name calling and swearing.

What we normally also remove is discussion about moderation. As stated in the COC.

20 Likes

Despite initially welcoming the upgrade I must report an issue with the CH Eclipse Yoke. On a couple of planes: the F35 and the Hawk T1 the throttle control doesn’t work. It works on all the Msfs2020 planes and the recent Kodiak and the Spitfire.

It seems people are still leaving their community folders filled because they simply don’t want the hassle of moving everything - but you don’t have to move anything at all!

Simply renaming your community folder does the same job. Then after checking the update, rename it back.

If it goes belly-up, you know you need to check the content - if not, happy days! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can’t reproduce this issue. I’m alt-tabbed out of MSFS and typing this very post in Chrome (version 96.0.4664.110) right now.

Happens every time. 97.0.4692.71. Interesting enough, I tried to start the game with Chrome started, and it crashes at loading screen. Chrome closed, no issue. Windows 11.

Anyone else stuck on loading screen after you select aircraft and airport?

Which plane are you using? If it’s a 3rd Party aircraft, for example the FBW A320, make sure you update it to the newest version that is compatible with this patch.

Ah ok ill try that now! Thank you

I get it.

I was doing in FS3 what you do now in MSFS. I can use my imagination, but the flight sim community was past that in FS2002. I think its better to hold the MSFS team to their claims long ago, rather than say that workarounds are good enough, because in the end it is all that will remain.

WT may or may not succeed in providing at least a basic IFR ATC enviornment. WT is at the mercy of MSFS, and MSFS is primarily about screenshots and community. And ever since MSFS came out, aviation has been locked in the trunk compared to photography in the drivers seat- two distinct and very different activities.

Even PMDG is asking the community to “convince” Asobo:

“The good news is that the display logic for the terrain is the same display logic that gets used to apply a weather radar layer, so once the community convinces Asobo to give developers access to the weather layer, it will be a quick thing to tap into it in order to draw the radar returns as appropriate. We haven’t heard much other than innuendo on this topic- but I am sure it will come around eventually.”

Screenshots will win the day, the year, and the decade, over aviation here because of the overwhelming conformity. The majority of this community sees no need to convince Asobo of anything, we can just “imagine or pretend” the weather radar is there. Yea lets go backwards, it will be better for photography.

2 Likes

Folks - stick to the patch discussion. Lots of off-the-trail conversations happening, some of which are already covered in Wishlists elsewhere. Stay on topic please.

1 Like

I made it clear that I do not blame the moderators.

As I said, mods do not make the rules.

Indeed, without you, this place would be free for all.

Could this be a Windows 11/chrome issue if it works to tab out to Edge? Not sure as I’m not upgrading to 11 for at least another year to allow for it to stabilize a bit more…

I’m also on Windows 11, by the way. No problems at all for me alt-tabbing between MSFS and Chrome.