Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0)

SU7 was pretty ■■■■ stable in the end. Ran really well, performance was okay. Now… its totally broken. :frowning:

It’s sad that I have to come here to report about my negative experience. But since the last hotfix the performance is terryifyingly bad. (PC Win 11)

Much more CTDs (mainly in loadingscreens or menus) and dramatic fps drops.

Before I had 50+ fps most of the time (could fall a bit under 50 in areas with lots of objects - like at low level flights over cities)
Now I start with arround 10 fps at spawn, it slowly rises to over 50fps again, but as soon as I turn the camera it drops to fpss in the 10s and 20s again.

I also tried emptying the community folder as suggested in the changelog as well as starting in safe mode and normal mode - no difference.

1 Like

Since world update 8 on the PC. I have been seeing more frequent freezing when a location is chosen from the world map and while it is loading, it will just freeze but you still the can hear the music playing in the back ground. This was very rare prior. The only workaround is the use end task function to close out the game. I see more freezing on my end then CTD.

Mix of Ultra and High. Just follow the guide.

2 Likes

Performance in PG areas decreased a lot.
I see the progress indicator (this rotating ring on the bottom right) that shows thats some loading/processing is going on in the background all the time when in a PG area.
Have to turn PG off and on again to make it disapear.
Usually i only see it when certain events occur and then its there for ~1 second.
Before the SU it was fine and not an issue. Now i have it on almost every flight. This is definitely broken.

So far SU8 performance wise seems fine for me on series x.

A few things though, arriving aircraft take forever to vacate the runway.

Also the fly back bug when adding approach is the most annoying thing ever, ruins my enjoyment of the flight, just happened a while ago, and I just had enough and quit the sim, absolutely bonkers that it’s still not fixed.
When do you plan to have this fixed Asobo, because you didn’t fix it in SU8 like stated.

I had a bad start with SU8. On Xbox S which has mostly worked great with hardly any CTD in the year I have been using the sim. I tried 2 flights on stock A320. LFPG to EGGW so not a long flight at all and a flight that up to SU7 I had never trouble with. This time I couldn’t complete the flight both times. I have add a smooth experience so far also thanks to not having invested in add-ons so far. I hope it was just a fluke or I will have to limit my swimming to propellers and simpler planes.

Is it me or the Haze layer using live weather shows up abruptly for everyone else! No transition like we used to have after the SU7 Hotfix!

Press the C button on your keyboard to control the drone cam again, press C again to be able to control the rudder and ailerons etc

1 Like

Is anyone able to view the weather radar on the A320neo?

Yep, tried it yesterday on the default a320. Not sure if it updated automatically though, was not flying long enough to test.

Mine is not working regardless what I do. Maybe it’s time to do a clean install again.

Thanks! I’ve not had the problem since but I think this might have been it. I have been using Sky4sim pad and I was searching airports using my real keyboard. Since using the virtual keyboard I’ve had no problem, so I expect I was searching for an airport with C in it, Cardiff maybe and that’s what caused the issue…

Yes the radar works but unsure of its accuracy

1 Like

I posted a mod that hides this blue eye icon:

Enjoy!

1 Like

Since SU8 I have noticed issues with the mouse in VR mode. When you hover over a switch it doesn’t do anything until you move the mouse around it for a while. When you right click the mouse to zoom in now when releasing before it would return you to your cockpit seat but now you stay zoomed in and it takes a bit of moving the mouse around to return you to your normal view. Some of the aircraft now have a mind of its own as well but I will post specifics into the right area.

2 Likes

Xbox Series X - 1gb fiber connection

after update 8 I got much more problems on textures loading (lots of bad quality terrains displayed, like it’s struggling loading textures) and morphing (both with cache on and off)

MSFS no longer runs on my computer no matter what I do since SU8. I’ve removed every related file. Going through this same thing every time there’s an update is incredibly boring.

1 Like

For me this update was good. Having said that, it was a clean install after a few months of not using the sim at all after prior frustration. This is the BEST update I’ve been through and performance in the sim is the best it’s been in all my prior experiences (quality of experience better as well).

It still blows my mind that ATC has yet to be fixed when it’s such a crucial part of commercial IFR flight simming, but I’ll continue to be patient. At least I can now fly again!

1 Like

Nexrad and weather radar still don’t work on xbox.

2 Likes