Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

The problem of the policy of Asobo is that they create more and more graphic enhancements, but resolving bugs are placed on the longterm. There is a list of things to be done that is growing and this list is also far from complete. :unamused:

1 Like

Well, wowā€¦

I just flew Nice > Rome, in VR, FWB A320, Navigraph brought into VR using oculus, live weather (lots of clouds), photogrammetry on, multiplayer off.

Really smooth flight. Iā€™ve NEVER been able to use all these items combined into one flight without horrible performance.

Now, the caveats:

My rig is 5800x, 3070, 32GB 3200mhz, 500gb M.2 NVME. I am lucky to have a rig dedicate to just FS2020.

My d drive (Sabrent rocket Q 1TB) completely died on me yesterday, so this performance is after a complete reset and wipe of the entire PC, everything reinstalled on one drive (Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb).

Only items installed are latest drivers & updates, oculus, chrome, FS2020, and my usual bucket load of community mods.

So this is probably a perfect storm of improvements (FS2020, nvidia drivers, windows 10, oculus software and quest 2 OS have all had updates since I last flew a week ago).

But either way, Iā€™m a really happy simmer today. I hope this isnā€™t just a flukeā€¦ if this is the kind of performance I get now, I canā€™t wait to see what theyā€™re working on for the summer performance focused updates!

You should and ā€œWeā€ should have a backup.

Anyway, a ā€œClean Installā€ is a blessing and should not be disregarded.

Enjoy.,.,.,.,.,.

1 Like

That flight sounds like you would have been over water most of the time. Could this be the reason?

Did you really not have FPS issues at Nice Airport?

1 Like

Bush trip continue problem.

I flew the newest Bush trip in France. Finished 5 legs, got 5 check marks, stopped and quit the Bush trips. Then when I go back and try to start leg #6, it wouldnā€™t let me. I have to restart from #5.

Exactly, would also be nice if they fixed that texture mirroring. Since it worked at the release I see no sense in not fixing their own fault during an update

well I never. :smiley:
not quite the mass of flower fields I would expect
but I actually did find some flower fields in Holland.
goes to show one should not jump too quickly to conclusions.

Are you gpu or main thread limited?

In Dev Mode it appears CPU is the issueā€¦ā€œlimited by mainthreadā€. CPU stuck at 20%-ish and GPU never gets above 50% utilization.

Mate, itā€™s not the log book that is killing us, itā€™s the wiping of hours and most of the achievements that involved seconds timings.
The devā€™s can easily fix this as the seconds can be added up with a short line of code to calculate the auto and non-autopilot flight seconds and convert them into hours(divide by 3600). Donā€™t rely on the ā€˜total flight secondsā€™ line as it is always much less.

1 Like

Wait a minute, I just realized. How did they advertise with an Iberia A320neo last year in the official trailer and not even have that plane in this update that introduces (only 2) liveries? Not even that, how? :smiley:

No license/official approval = no official skin.
Itā€™s that simple.

All Iā€™m saying is that itā€™s strange to say youā€™ll give us dozens of liveries, only hand out 2 and not even include the one you advertised with. :wink:

My logbook hasnā€™t logged anything since February. In which time iā€™ve flown about 20-30 times since. Very annoying.

Have you switched on the developer mode since February? Then turn it off again and the logbook will work again.

This is one of the reasons I log my flight to fshub.io

I also was affected by the logbook bugs in the past so I registered there on fshub and it works like a charm.

On the subject of Log books. I used to have to ensure I returned to the Main Menu to ensure my hours were logged previously but noticed I can now select Continue, finish shutting down my plane and then end the flight and see my hours correctly recorded in the log book.

I feel for those that lost their hours, Iā€™m at 560hrs on my way to 600 and would be really ā€œannoyedā€ if I had to start over.

1 Like

Careful that doesnt always work, its gotten alot better, but every 4 out of 5 flights here wont let me log a flight. I can put down in a grassy field and it will log that but 1 hour later when I actually land at an airport, it wont drop to the log book.

I lost 800+ hours (according to steam) in the log book(s) mishaps over the last year. Has happend twice so far. Good thing I dont really care about them.

Lawyers and copyright probablyā€¦ MS and Asobo make Ā£60 to Ā£120 per user so they cannot sell that image without paying. However we can make as many free ones as we like, itā€™s not like you can sue for a part of zero.
I always found it strange that the airlines donā€™t actually produce the liveries themselves. Free advertisingā€¦

2 Likes

Since update 1.15.8.8 the wheels and aerobrains are constantly activated. Any fixes?