Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

is that with any change to your pre-cache terrain settings? Or just from the increase of LOD distance w/ photogrammetry cities?

Trying this now:

Microsoft Store - Download & Installation issues, Part I - Checklist – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Have a look at part 2 (basic) and the advanced part too.
I found that, when I was trying to update to SU5, my problem was a conflict coming from 4Gb of old windows 10 files that were not deleted properly.
I made a selective disk cleanup of that specific old files and all started to go well.
Try ALL those steps described and you will be fine.

What setting did you use in the pre-caching option?

Just opening the already installed xbox app started the download, finally

1 Like

@AceForce11998

1 Like

I am successfully updating the title, but would just like to point out a tiiiny typ-typo in the RELEASE NOTES:

Instead of ARINC cycle 2108 - it should read AIRAC cycle 2108
typo

That’s all :slight_smile:

I have been trying to download the update from the MS for awhile now. Decided to do as others have done, installed Xbox app, invoked FS from it, signed out and signed back in, and the update was there for me to use. Thanks to everyone with the suggestion.

2 Likes

Whats the new option under General Options-> Graphics-> “Raymarched Reflections”?
More Info please!

3 Likes

Pretty impressed with the new offscreen caching, even on Ultra I dont notice a huge performance hit compared to SU5, overall still very good fps relative to pre-SU5

Night lighting is broken for me though…the lights float way up in the sky. May open a topic in Bugs

2 Likes

If you are not getting good download speeds, pause and quit the sim and restart to update until you do.

Finished downloading ok, no problems this time. Seems to be so many more updates than what was mentioned in the release notes.

That City has some the best looking photogrammetry I have seen in any city in this sim! lol

1 Like

same procedure as every Update. Updating - short before ending it Loops, restart MSFS - than suddenly >60GB download. When will this ******* be fixed???

According to the release notes, the ATC issue should be fixed.

NB.this is not just a WU, it was also slated as another hotfix for Su5, hence the release notes.

Wow! Just flew the A32NX around Sydney with pre-cache set to Ultra and there is DEFINITELY a performance increase utilising my 32GB of RAM.

Is this just me? This is amazing!

2 Likes

Anyone else notice a new “HDR” option in General Settings? Could this be a fix for everyone who was noticing that the sim is outputting HDR even on PCs without HDR monitors and VR headsets?

Wauw, a new option?..

Yes, I now… it only occured after the simupdate with WU6 went down the road successfully and I reenabled the content of my community folder. Guess I have to look now which addon is not compatible with WU6

2 Likes

By the way, isn´t the Ju-52 supposed to be released with WU6?

Smooth and fast update here! Lot of good stuff in this release!

1 Like