Discussion: Update #6 (1.10.11.0)

Exactly, from the first patch it was downgraded. Look at my clouds right now.

There is also no AA as in the beginning and so does the object distance. This is horrible
look the clouds, pixelated , the AA dissapear, this is downgrade, REPEAT i play in 170SCALING and ULTRA SETTINGS

BEFORE PATCH look so beautifull

1 Like

Until the update before 1.10.11.0, the MS Flight Simulator worked perfectly. But since this update including the latest update 1.10.11.0 the MFS is actually no longer usable. In particular, the aerodynamic effect of the control surfaces has nothing to do with reality. The elevator has almost no effect, no matter how the sensitivity is set in the options, so that an interception during landing and thus a realistic landing e.g. with the Cesna 152/172 is impossible.

The logbook entries also no longer work.

Is there a way I can UNDO the last two UPDATES?

1 Like

Found this post…
Although I have no interest in overclocking my system, I did find the LOD testing he did interesting.
I am only running with a 2060 and i5 but have been getting decent frame rates with settings a mix of Ultra and high on 1080. Was disappointed that when flying into CYVR, as an example, I wasn’t seeing a skyline of the city until I was virtually over the city.
Tried adjusting the LOD multiplier settings in USERCFG to 4. I could now see the city skyline on the horizon! took a bit of a frame hit but nothing significant. Dropped the multiplier to 3.5 and have been very happy with that.
Obvious that Asobo has reduced the default LOD. I was running at 125 in the settings panel and had not noticed a problem with flat cities until recently. I increased that to 200 but the settings panel won’t allow you to go past 200 and as this is a multiplier over the base, if the base has been reduced then obviously even 200 is not enough.

1 Like

Very interesting remarks re the LOD multiplier and the possibilities therein.
Should I too develop any future LOD issues, I now know where the culprit may lie.

Thanks for sharing.

I was just flying along and realized I was completely bored and somewhat frustrated. So, I just exited MSFS mid-flight. Time to play some Ghost Recon, American Truck Sim, Dirt Rally, Train Sim, or whatever is a “complete” game at this point in it’s life.

I feel like I’m alone in the skies. Even though I have traffic at 40% or so, I rarely see any AI aircraft movement at airports. ATC can be chatty at times, but it’s mostly quiet. Live weather is a train wreck. Thousands upon thousands of airports don’t have any IFR approaches (vs what they have IRL). Every patch seems to break stuff, that then takes another 1-2 patch cycles to get fixed. Airport lighting is all screwed up: on all day; no lighting at all; only runway lights and no taxiway lights. ATC is worse than FSX. The list goes on and on…

I’ll be back here and there, but I won’t be firing up MSFS every 3 days like I used to. I kinda want to walk away for a 3-6 months or so. I almost feel like uninstalling it so it takes some effort to jump in, but that might be a bit extreme. I love simming; been doing it since I was 13 or so back in the early '80s when Dad bought me an Atari 800XL and FS II. I’ll be back!

2 Likes

Don’t be bored…

C172 also does this, rotates without stopping

where i find this I tried adjusting the LOD multiplier setting in USERCFG to 4

In your MSFS installation folder.

I dont see usercfg in my installation folder.

I am not at my MSFS computer at the moment. It is in the same folder as the SIMOBJECTS folder, etc.
Hopefully somebody can walk you to it.

I went through some forums and I may have found the source of the problem - it appears to be an installation of Navigraph data. After I uninstalled and reinstalled their data according to their instructions, everything seems OK. FMC in the A320 works fine, Garmin as well.

For me resolved as Administrator

I’m explaining where to find this file (and some tweaks and more) here:

My 2070 SUPER 4K settings and suggestions - episode 2

1 Like

For those with downloading issues. This is what works for me:

1. Check windows update and update anything that is there. Once complete, restart PC.
  2. If store purchase, to to store … in upper right corner, click that, downloads and updates, check for those and if some, when finished restart PC.
  3. Open up MSFS2020, it will check for updates, it should at this point ask you to download the latest patch/update. If it goes through this point into game, then check the following,
  4. Click on profile, then content manager, scroll through that list and make sure all of your purchased stuff has been updated, if one is needed, click on it, and initiate download of that content. Once finished with those internal updates, close game, restart PC. Then try to open/run/play the sim.
    Provided no aftermarket antivirus/firewall software is causing issues, you should be good to go, if not, then see if anything is showing up in event viewer and note any discrepancies in the notifications contained there. I copy and paste stuff into text file, and create bug in Zendesk and attach the text file into the bug if necessary. Hope this helps all. You also might search for thread about your issue, and make new post, with the contents of the text file, someone may have solution for you based on that information. All of us here want everyone to be successful using this simulator.
1 Like

The toolbar is gone since I installed this update. Not the “dev mode” toolbar, but the toolbar that appears when you move the mouse cursor to the top of the screen while in flight. Others are experiencing the same issue.

When you do that, the game bypasses the update and therefore you can access the options menu.

Hi @ANC77,
RE: Missing Toolbar
Please file a zendesk on this - important so that it’s in their database.
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

What others have done is relaunch to see if it forces an update. Or check the MS Store or Steam client for update. The missing toolbar is cause by not fully completing the install or a corrupted saved flight.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/toolbar-missing-edit-solved/166894

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/missing-toolbar/321394/2?u=hester40mt

Others have to reinstall MSFS.

My update has been now running for over 2 hours. Supposed to be a 1.4gb download. I am now at 22.93gb and it shows it is at download (17/35) with 25,000% downloaded. Anyone know what is happening?

Is everything in your Windows Store up-to-date, as well as Windows?