Discussion: World Update II: USA

Love the update, but some things are underwhelming.

For example, Pearl Harbor appears to have just added the Pearl Harbor National Memorial.

The bridge near there is not fixed and is still under water.

The airport on the island has not been updated.

There are no other ships in, or around, the area.

Choppy water was nice to see but the float plane still rides on the base level as waves are much higher than would be experienced in reality.

1 Like

I submitted a bug report on a local airportā€™s elevation. The north end of the runway is ~100 foot higher than it should be. ā€œTheyā€ marked it as ā€œSolvedā€ but the airport has not changed one bit. I completed a follow-up but not sure that will be looked at again. Should I submit a new bug on this airport?

It looks great! I have never physically visited the place but the planes look, for the most part, realistic.

1 Like

no need to triple post, you can edit your previous post.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure, if I remeber seeing this before the update.
The propellers of all parked aircrafts are frozen in time.

You guys experiencing this?

SuperVertrix

1 Like

ā€œSolvedā€ means they have accepted it as a bug, and added it to their internal bug tracker. This is in the support FAQ.

Does anybody know how to fix the CONTENT MANAGER archive USA Points not being downloaded? All the rest where downloaded.

Feel like itā€¦ but I paid for it, already. I am not wanting a refund because this is the only opportunity I have to fly an airplane. Just disappointed in the quality, overall. I expected more from Microsoft and partners.

I think this disappointment is related to the quality of Bing Maps and their AI to fill in ā€œblobsā€ where trees and houses should be. This requires a lot of people to apply their own fixes. My GPU canā€™t take the workload to rework the quality for my local airport.

And, when I suggest a fix or report a bug, it gets passed over like cold sores on oneā€™s lips. OK to talk to them but you donā€™t want to kiss them.

1 Like

When you ask for help, it is best to give a sentence or two about what sort of help you need. You will probably find you get more offers that way.

I donā€™t know if anyone responded to you yet, but, while I agree that things have gotten bad with this update, given some of the things youā€™re saying, make sure Bing Data and Photogrammetry are on. You may choose to turn them off later, but wrong highways sounds like itā€™s not using Bing data.

If they are onā€¦ thenā€¦ carry on

Yes, Iā€™ve run into the same problem where I live, where buildings have disappeared and are just flat pictures now. They said they did more work to get rid of tall buildings. 1.10.11.0 was great in that regard, the tall buildings of the previous release were gone. I think they went too far in this release.

2 Likes

So, hereā€™s the thing, itā€™s a team of people, all with different skills. The aero guys arenā€™t going to be working on scenery code, the scenery artists know absolutely nothing about how to manage memory and code what calculations go where. A year ago they planned what they were going to develop and are following through with those plans. I wouldnā€™t doubt it if a lot of the scenery they are adding now was developed before August and only needed detailing.

Point being, itā€™s not so simple as to put all your developers into doing bug fixes. Thereā€™s only a portion of the team that can do that, and they are doing that. Each person has their area of expertise, and they already have stuff in progress, soā€¦ itā€™s a balancing act of how to apply who where when.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not necessarily true. They know they are bridges. They may or may not know what kind of bridge each one is, so they could develop tools around what they know to automate the process. Simplest being, "oh, this is a bridge. Iā€™m going to figure out where the road is from either the surrounding terrain of features or the geometry, and make the road 8 - 10 ft thck and remove the reset underneath the bridge (might also have some code to recognize legs). If thereā€™s a database and it knows itā€™s a suspension bridge, it could analyze the shape and make it suspension-yā€¦ Stuff like that.

IOW, it doesnā€™t have to be all hand editing to fix them. Granted, youā€™re not wrong, but there are tools that could be pretty easily created by people who know what they are doing to automate the process.

1 Like

I was confused, too, but, in fact, I donā€™t think that video they released was talking about this update. If you go to the site, you can see they made a whole bunch of videos flying in different areas of the world. I realized later that itā€™s just showing the default sim, they werenā€™t talking about the upcoming update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EZ1Sxbfxls

Iā€™m sorry you feel unheard (I donā€™t work for them), but theyā€™ve sold probably a couple of million copies by now, and get probably a couple thousand bug reports a day. Just because it may seem like it went into the ether, bug reports with pictures discussing what youā€™re talking about, they specifically asked for things like that in the last Developer Q&A. Please do not feel unheard, and please keep submitting bugs. It will take several months for much of the problems weā€™re seeing to get fixed, maybe a year or more.

I DO wish they would look at their bug fix injection process though. Some pretty major consequences are occurring and they really need to develop some better testing before a version goes out the door. A lot of these issues, we find with just the first flight in the sim. That blob thing at airports is new. Iā€™m really ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about it.

Same here! Most cities (other than the ones they updated) now look horrible. They used to look much more realistic before the patch (which is odd).

2 Likes

Mine wonā€™t even show an update. Still on 1.10, logged out, rebooted, manually scanned for updates in the storeā€¦nothing. I see the option to get the USA scenery for free but says to make sure you update first. And I canā€™t seem to find anyone with the same issueā€¦???

Go to your Steam Library.
You will see thereā€™s an update available.

I donā€™t have it in steam. Only from Xbox Game pass on PC. Shows in the xbox pc app and windows store but not my Steam

They defiantly should look better, have you checked to see if Photogrammary turned off after the update, go to Data in settings to check. You may be just seeing default scenery also check your internet is connected.

2 Likes