Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Hi there - what is the distance tree mod you talk of?

THX thats so mutch better :slight_smile:

1 Like

no probs mate :grin:

You have to purchase a VPN service, such as NordVPN. Itā€™s not something you can just turn on without having a service to connect to.

Could photogrammetry be different depending on the MS server you are connected to? Iā€™m curious how some people are saying they think itā€™s really good - whilst others have the Armageddon lookā€¦

Iā€™m not sure where that is, but I just flew over London at 2000ft, and it looked nothing like that.

yes, it looks great Eric :+1:

So now the airport lighting is broken, does Asobo know that? Most Addon Airports Have Taxiway Lights/Posts on Runways After UK Update

LODs in FS donā€™t appear to take camera angle into account, so zooming in always makes things look (even) worse.

Loving the new World Update. The PG in London is awesome - albeit a bit of an FPS killer to rival New York and maybe even Charles de Gaulle. I made a little video of a short flight around my home town of Edinburgh - partly to show off the new points of interest and partly to try out Flight Control Replay - a new replay tool Iā€™ve been trying out (which is very good by the way).

6 Likes

The Isle of Wight is getting Updated ?

2 Likes

I havenā€™t tried London at night yet. Thanks for the reminder! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am pretty familiar with Cornwall having spent a large part of my life living there. The coastline is much improved and the cliffs look more convincing. I agree about the trees, they seem to appear on every bit of rock sticking out of the water off the coast. But overall I am pleased, the land contours seem correct and it was fun diving down into the clay pits around St. Austell and hedge hopping over the countryside visiting old haunts. With the third party addons for the Scilly Isles and local airfields it is a great place for sightseeing. I hope someone does add-ons for Truro and Falmouth eventually. Well done MS/Asobo.

1 Like

No cats either! A world without cats? I canā€™t take it anymore, I will become a monk and retire to a monastery.

3 Likes

Hello.
After starting MSFS yesterday, I was prompted to download at the Microsoft store and downloaded about 1 giga. After that, I restarted MSFS, but after starting it, I got a message saying that the Internet connection was disconnected, and the marketplace was grayed out and I could not move. I tried 5 times, but itā€™s the same. I donā€™t know if itā€™s because the server is busy or if thereā€™s a problem with my MSFS. The version of MSFS is 1.13.16.0.

Every photogrammetry looks like that in every city that has it. nothing different in this case. That is the thing of photogrammetry.

I just download the UK update, and itā€™s all AI buildings I have photogrammetry on, Iā€™ve downloaded the World update from the marketplace my internet connection works perfectly fine.

There is a point, as not everyone want all world updates but they require fixes to the simulator. World updates install as packages so you can opt out if you do not want any of those world packages or need to save disk space.

2 Likes

I like much of the update. But, why can this company not issue an update without changing or breaking things that need no change? I am asking this seriously, not flippantly.

So far, outside of the UK, I have today experienced

1. Areas where houses are missing. Both Autogen and photogrammetry, where there were houses before. The ortho clearly shows where the building is supposed to be, where it once was, and now nothing.

2. Changes to tree heights now making it impossible to take off and land from runways whose approaches are now blocked by them.

3. The much reported taxiway light explosion

4. Cliffs in coastal areas where there were none, with individual house now perched on foundations a hundred feet high.

5. Scenery tearing in mountains that were perfectly solid a few days ago.

Additionallyā€¦

1. Negative changes to flight models

2. A line around aircraft and objects in dark light

Where are the designers who created this product? If they had the ability to create it, why do they seem to lack the ability to maintain and improve it without such negative issues? Is the problem quality control or a change in personnel resources?

Your customers deserve a lot better Asobo. And so does the heritage upon which you are building.

12 Likes