Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Strange. My 3080 gives me more than 40FPS in London (4K, Ultra Setting).

YEP ITS THERE ALRIGHT :joy:

Sorry that removes only the New Spikes, but London looks like the Tschernobyl-Reactor.

worth a try :slightly_smiling_face:

While you guys discuss the new looks of the UK terrain, we’ve actually got a more serious and widespread problem as feared by many simmers pro-update, i.e. the taxiway edge light invasion across many airports globally :

6 Likes

I cant even launch the sim : CTD a minute or so after clicking the MFS icon and I see that x000005 error code in even viewer. Uninstall and reinstall also doesnt work.

Wow, this fixed it for me as well. Just circling around the City and it became better and better with every go around! It really started to look very cool!

I also had to turn rolling cache on, as it was off in my settings.

It would be great if they would mention this somewhere as a suggestion/advise before everybody starts complaining :wink:

I had exactly the same problem with a previous update, I just stopped MSFS using ALT + F4 every time it stopped downloading or looped, I then restarted MSFS. It did continue were it left off instead of starting all over. Its worth a try I guess, but at your own risk, I don’t know if it is possible to corrupt something by stopping mid update, but it did work for me.

Indeed those updates are big a pain in the behind, especially because they don’t bring anything useful to the table and often break more than they fix, just more visual goodies…

1 Like

Same for me.

London ist a Slideshow with FPS under 15…but every another big City , i can fly without FPS Drop

2 Likes

That was there before the update3.

My Oculus Rift 2 now completely unplayable. I don’t know what has happened but was perfect before, now a stuttery mess on all settings set to lowest. Is there a way to roll back???

Do you mean quest 2 ?

that suggests you are on a mobile data plan… you need broadband,

1 Like

Healaugh (pronounced “hee-law”) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s the photogrammetry. London has more high quality Asobo (Gaya?) assets now than any other city in the world. Maybe they just need a LoD pass.

I’m curious if anybody has tried disabling the POI’s from the World Update to see if the London photogrammetry on it’s own still hits performance? Just a thought.

Flip the ‘2’ around and it’s an ‘S’ - kind of! :slight_smile:

1 Like

yep, i mostly use a Rift S myself, prefer it for simming… have you tried to restart your PC to solve your problem ?

I’m not sure it will be a good idea to land the Kingair there though😅…

They did, it was the first or second line on the patch notes posted here on the forums.

[RELEASE] Release Notes (1.13.16.0) World Update III: United Kingdom Now Available! - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

How to prepare for this update:

1. If you are using the manual cache feature, please make sure to delete it via the in-game menu and create an updated version as we performed some backend technical updates.
  2. Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.