Download speeds in India via Indian ISPs taps out at 2Mbits/s which for a 200GB download would take almost 9 and a half days with my system online 24/7. If I use NordVPN to a Seattle based server, I'm getting 150Mbits/s to 250Mbits/s

Glad that worked for you. Could you let us know where you’re located physically so others in your vicinity could use the same solution till Asobo/Microsoft add a feature to MSFS 2020 that has it connect to the fastest CDN and not the closest CDN?

I live in Central Ohio. Occasionally it would drop off, but all I’d do is pause the download, disconnect my VPN, reconnect to the Seattle VPN server and it took off again. My ISP is Spectrum.

-Rick

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I have the same issue. I am in Singapore and downloading maps or getting live data seems to be coming from a server 160ms away. I am on a 10gpbs symmetrical link. Downloading updates takes hours at average speed of 1-2 gig while my account supposed to be connected to a server 4ms away in Singapore.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:
Cdn doesn’t seem to be working or wrong cdn is selected.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Mentour Pilot always recommends NordVPN.

:rofl:

NordVPN, like many other companies, uses advertising as a means to promote its products and services to a wider audience. Many influencers participate in affiliate programs where they earn a commission for every customer who signs up using their unique referral link. This creates a win-win situation where the influencer gets paid for their promotion, and the company gains new customers :wink:

BOT - ProtonVPN does offer a free version.

EXTREMELY slow download speeds in content manager - Bug Reports / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums