Enhanced API to access all aircraft state and trigger all cockpit functions

do you think that’s gonna be rather soon or a couple of months out?
i wish Asobo would involve hc builder communities to get our feedback of what is required - i still believe the regular devs don’t necessarily have the perspective of a builder and their requirements

1 Like

If I had a crystal ball to tell the future, I’d be using it right now. We’ve stopped our XML development on our flagship aircraft simply because we are waiting a little bit to see what happens. As for the Asobo developers viewpoint I have 0 clue. I would only hope some of them see this thread with enough upvotes and give their thoughts towards the home cockpit builders. I was made aware of this thread because I’m in a discord server literally called “Home Cockpit Builders” :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

Great! Yes, please spread the word and encourage everyone to give this an upvote!

1 Like

Some how MobiFligh will NEVER work for me, my throttles board “is not compatible”, but it would be nice to know that a lot of simmers will get theirs to work. VOTED.

2 Likes

As another hardware maker, I’ll add my voice to the chorus. While we were managing to hobble together workaround and hacks to almost be able to do what we need, SU5 broke so many things it’s not even funny.

I agree with everyone else that how a stable API is provided is not all that important, the existence of well-defined Input Events is already a very large step in the next direction! Even just allowing a stand-alone WASM module to invoke the B events (or call (>F:InputEvent) which are already there would be workable solution.

2 Likes

Yes please. We need full access to all events and read/write variables related to the cockpit.

2 Likes

Adding my voice to this. Having faced some serious challenges developing Air Manager panels over the past while, I’d love to have a standardized DOCUMENTED list of accessible variables and events. If it wasn’t for @Toddimus831’s invaluable input decoding some of that cryptic RPN stuff and putting it in a usable format, we’d still be stuck where we were.

The current, constantly changing SDK events and vars is not sustainable for 3rd party developers.

3 Likes

Hello, if your throttle uses potentiometers, you may want to check the latest Mobiflight 9.0.0.4 beta, which now includes analog input support (pots). I have tested it with throttle, spoilers and flaps and they all work very well.

1 Like

Thanks Sebastian.
You have my vote too… indeed we need a stable platform to build our cockpits…
We spend months on this hobby to build our scale cockpit.
Hope to get a more user-friendly API from MSFS Asobo to let us program our I/O hardware.
regards Domi

2 Likes

+1 vote. Much needed !

2 Likes

Thank you for this!

2 Likes

+1 vote. this is desperately needed.

2 Likes

Thank’s another one.
+1 vote.

2 Likes

Definitely needed!

1 Like

Yes, a must have for cockpit builders and hardware manufacturers. Having to wade through a largely undocumented collection of SimConnect, L:Var, H:Var/Events, is not the correct way to do this. Having a simplified, comprehensive, and documented API is the right way to approach this.

1 Like

what’s the problem with your board? join our discord server and i am sure you’ll get the help to solve the problem!

Almost 240 votes!!! Thanks for supporting this plea!

1 Like

Its an upvote from me too !!

1 Like

Also upvote from me. Please make all variables available in an easy way.

1 Like

And thank you for all you contribute to the MSFS community, with your MobiFlight Addon :+1: