F-35 vs F-15

This guy have good videos about:

T1 Just Flight Hawk T1 | Full Review | Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube

F-35 IndiaFoxtEcho F-35 Lightning II | Full Review | Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks, have seen those a few times. Love his videos.

Sorry is if I hijack this thread, but have you tried the HALO Pelican, it’s very strange, it feels like in VTOL mode is almost like slew mode, it feels very unrealistic, is the F-35 similar when hovering or is it better?

I dunno how the HALO Pelican can be realistic since it’s a completely fictional aircraft. But the F-35 hovering feels completely different than the Pelican. It’s a bit more sensitive to movement and always requires constant control to maintain the same position. I don’t know if one is realistic or not. I’m not an F-35 pilot and I have never seen an F-35 in person myself, so I can’t comment on the realism of it. But yes, they do feel different and the F-35 doesn’t hover as easily as the Pelican.

1 Like

I fly both the F-15 and F-35 frequently and have certainly been flying them a lot in the last week or so since both their respective updates. Its difficult to recommend one over the other. The F-35 has the B variant which is great fun and everything by Indiafoxtecho is top tier in terms of 3D modelling and texturing. It also has a fully functioning touch screen cockpit, which again is quite interesting to play about with, especially since the update and its got more functionality now. The F-35 has a slightly overly sensitive terrain avoidance system which I find a bit annoying. I’m quite a conservative low level fast jet sim pilot. I try to fly realistically fast and low but I still find its always going off. No idea how accurate it is to the real thing.

The F-15 has more history behind and in my opinion more character. You can add drop tanks with with extra fuel for longer range flights. You have to manually manage the fuel in the tanks which gives you a bit of extra interaction during a flight, which I like.

Difficult to know which to recommend over the other. Maybe the F-15 is more interesting to pilot so get it first but definitely also get the F-35. All the DC Designs and Indiafoxtecho fast jets are must haves in my opinion.

3 Likes

buy the F35, F15 F16 and F14 have a poor and very poor 3D model, for me the f35 has a more important and much superior model for the DC and SC design models

none of the options will offer you a mid-level study plane, they are for you to walk around and enjoy, it is not worth spending a lot of money on them and even more so when the dc and sc models have horrible textures when you zoom in

If I were you I would stay with the f18 Asobo which at least has a brilliant 3D modeling and good afterburn effects, also soon they will release the improvement mod again

but if you want to choose one the F35 is the best

1 Like

I wonder if those terrain avoidance system can be disabled somewhere. I tried to edit the Top Gun challenges to replace it with the F-35… While it works, the warning system keeps blaring out terrain and pull up while that’s the whole idea of the challenge, to fly as low and as fast as possible.

1 Like

Watch CGaviator his latest video. He turns it off and shows how

Thanks. The modeling is not super important to me as long as the geometry is as close to right as it gets. I mean i fly the Islander and Trislander a lot and lets say they aren’t exactly pretty but they fly well and sound great. And those things are the most important to me, a believable flightmodel and good sounds without any obvious looping etc.

The Super Bug in MFS just doesn’t do it for me. First off the E i find rathyer ugly, specially when in a totally clean config. An F or G (love the G), those i could live with.

I’ve seen the issue brought up in the Indiafoxtecho Facebook page and apparently it was tweaked to make it less sensitive in one of the updates. Can’t say I’ve noticed it getting any better though.