Fenix A320 vs FlyByWire A320

In regards to the Topic title, I would like to point some things out.

It is clear the Fenix is going to be more complete at this stage as to why that should be obvious. But let’s not get too hasty with the FBW.

The FBW has VNAV I think it still needs some tweaks, but it works very well. It has LNAV, it can do ILS/RNAV approaches. These are the basics of a study level airliner. The basic start up and flight planning within the FBW is broadly the same in the Fenix I say this whilst obviously the Fenix has a few extra quality of life features, but this is nothing the FBW wont have soon. The FBW has nearly all the Airbus FBW modes and I beleive normal LAW is pretty much done with exceptions where other things need to be developed.

We also need to remember that the FBW is a NEO and NEO AC have different software (Not sure if CEO’s can have the same) but for example the FBW will give you suggested flap positions on approach in the CDU, where as the FENIX does not I think The biggest plus to the Fenix is that the CDU/FMC can use the wind Data to calculate VNAV, but we also need to remember that this all backed up in the FENIX with ProSim, this in no way diminishes what FENIX have achieved and it was no doubt a monumental task and as such they have produced probably one of the best A320 Simulations ever for a home flight sim.

No when you take what FBW have done, with a default AC, they have all the Hydraulics, Battery, APU, LNAV, VNAV in place either at a high level or base level in some instances you have to be nothing short of outstanded at the work and effort they have put in and not only that but real A320 Pilots are saying its all good, you never hear them saying its trash, you may hear them say it needs a little more work.

Less we forget the FBW EFB is nothing short of amazing. Yes there is no doubt the FENIX has it thus far, but its a different plane, coming from a payware dev who has set out to take the add-on to the next level and they have done that in spades, FBW are doing this for free, they are doing diligently and with accuracy, they are in no rush and they are mostly I would assume doing it in spare time.

I am not taking sides, or saying one is better than the other, that is up to you. It is amazing to have a fully functional study level A320 CEO and it also amazing to have almost complete study level A320 Neo with a passionate and dedicated team behind it for free and will IMHO take it to the next level too.

18 Likes