FlightControlReplay v4.5 for MsFs AUTUMN UPDATE is ONLINE (PCPILOT Awarded, Single AI / Formation Camera and Control , Realtime Modification in Recorded Flight etc)

Hi,

FlightControlReplay has a lot more to offer than just a simple Record and Replay when you finish the flight.

During the flight, at any time even before you want to end it, you can use Instant Replay feature and resume the flight at the exact frame that you select.

FlightControlReplay is also perfectly compatible with VR devices, and its user interface can be displayed and controlled in your environment.

Flying in a multiplayer session ? No problem for FlightControlReplay, all features are accessible flawlessly.

Select the camera of your choice, edit the altitude, your gear status in-replay !

For the widest possibilities and demanding creativity, go with FlightControlReplay.

AviationLads
PILOT’S - Alicante Airport | MSFS [Official Trailer] | 4K

CINEMATIC MSFS
B777 como nunca visto antes ! MSFS short film | 4K

AviationLads
MXI Design - Milas Bodrum Airport | MSFS [Official Teaser] | 4K

I bought this some time ago, but though I’ve read through most of the manual, I’m still not sure this is really the utility I wanted. I haven’t had time to try it yet.

When the Rift CV1 was released, I started a YouTube channel promoting VR and its use in flight sims - also testing as many add-on aircraft as I could get my hands on (I wrote the FlyInside compatability wiki on their website). I was able to record directly from the output to the headset using a particular utility which worked very well.
After a year or so, the developer of that utility gave up on updating support for VR because every update caused too many issues for his recording utility - and this spelled the end of my YT channel, which had gained quite a few subscribers and offers of sponsorship.

I bought FCR in the hope of rekindling the channel, but I think now that it would only be of use to narrate the recordings after the flight, rather than during. I suppose I could record audio during the flight, use FCR to record a video of the flight using the replay, then match the audio and video with my editing program.

This would fulfill the aim, but would be a bit of a hassle due to the required time investment. Even just doing the editing etc for a “live” recording takes a while and requires some commitment, so having to do it the way I described would just not be ideal.

However, at least I can record videos now, whilst flying in VR, which is a major plus on its own!

So this thing will not record mic input?

Yes you can do this I believe although I’ve not actually tried it

Although he’s saying it in a longass way I think @JohnnyDioxin is saying that you can’t.

Hi !!! Thank you so much !! Yes you can record your voice meanwhile you record the plane :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah, I was saying you can’t record it ‘live’ as you fly.

I think the OP is saying you can.

Hi ! If you configure your microphone, you are able record your voice with plane movement.
Anyway if you want an help please send me an email of write me in my support forum , otherwise Microsoft kill me :joy:

Oh, I doubt this particular thing will be an issue for them - after all we were talking about what the utility can do, so it’s quite different from product support. Knowing exactly what they can do with the utility is vital for people to know whether it suits their needs and therefore could directly affect sales of both the ute and the sim.

Maybe i can do this thing , i ll program a couple of post where i explain how users can achieve more on features … i think this discussion is interesting ;-).

2 Likes

The convenient tool to Record and Replay flight situations, FlightControlReplay (FCR) is compatible with MSFS, P3D5 – 1 and FSX, and it will receive soon new and advanced features

Introduction to existing features with our new Official Trailer by AviationLads :

Following the release of Sim Update VII for Microsoft Flight Simulator, FlightControlReplay confirms to all registered customers that it’s already compatible with the latest version of the simulator v1.21.13.0.

For new users of MSFS, you can enjoy all the best from FlightControlReplay with Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year (GOTY) Edition out of the box.

• AI Aircraft Switch View
• VR Headsets Support
• Automatic Camera Change
• Enforce Aircraft Gear Status
• Altitude Offset correction

Note about VR Support with FCR

Thanks to the support of VR devices in MSFS, the use of your equipment along FlightControlReplay is completely flawless : run FlightControlReplay in the 3D cockpit with full user interface in VR and the display of a floating window. You can use classic mouse controls, or key shortcuts mapping with keyboard, or FlightControlReplay Voice Recognition. It’s also available for Windows Mixed Reality Headset.

Next Update In-Development news

The current works for the next FREE update will bring advanced and new features about the Camera management, for both MSFS and Prepar3D.

A Camera Recording Manager will be added into FlightControlReplay, to enable to save the camera movements and to replay them, indepently from the aircraft situation. For example in the future, Replay the flight in one instance of FCR, and in another one, Replay the Camera Movements.

Another area of development is the Camera settings override, that we’ll be able to control directly from FCR with your shortcuts. This means also that you will have the opportunity to manage all camera controls and key shortcuts in a handy and quick manner.

We’ll introduce each features with more in-depth details soon when they are ready for release, as a FREE update.

CarbonPixel
F-15 Screaming Eagle soars over Monument Valley | 4K

AviationLads
Impulse Simulations - Bankstown Airport | [Official Trailer] | 4K

Hi,

Last week, I quickly announced that a Camera Manager will be added into FlightControlReplay.

And something that many of you like to Record and Replay, out of your own aircraft, is … the Traffic IA.

You can already start to imagine new ideas of footage when the Traffic IA operates in detailed airport, and that’s why I’m happy to announce that FlightControlReplay is completely compatible with Aerosoft Simple Traffic Tool for MSFS.

It’s a positive announcement with new possibilities since this also means that you can already take advantage of the AI Switch View features of the current version of FlightControlReplay. Follow, Record and Replay the realistic airlines evolve in the next generation simulator !

And watch new videos made with FCR :

AviationLads
FlyLogicSoftware - Triengen Airport | MSFS [Official Teaser] | 4K

CarbonPixel
T-45C Goshawk Carrier Landing | 4K

CarbonPixel
TF-104 Starfighter Touch and Go | 4K

Hi @Kartijno

Been making some timelapse videos of my latest round the world flights using FlightControlReplay - workign great as ever. The latest version seems super stable, and I’ve noticed that the file sizes seem much smaller and (I think related) FCR responds much more quickly when skipping time forward and backwards during a long flight. Here are a couple of examples of timelapse videos:

You can see more here:

But I have an issue I’m hoping you can help with. I’m finding the playback speed is too fast compared with real time. This has been the case since SU5 I think when the performance of the sim radically improved.

I record using “automatic” for the “Choose sample rate for record/play” and wonder if this is the problem and whether I should pick a fixed rate, e.g. 40 or 60 FPS.

To give you an idea, the timestamp when playign back moves at more than double normal speed - e.g. it takes 20-23 seconds of real time for 1 minute of recorded time to pass. This isn’t consistent though and sometimes the playback speed seems to fluctuate a little. I’ve double checked and the 4x or 2x buttons are definitely not selected.

Any advice you can give is most welcome.

Many thanks

1 Like

Having a lot of fun with the new SC Designs F-16 - just been doing some flying around tonight, not looked at systems or flight model etc yet. Put this together with the help of FlightControlReplay

1 Like

Hi @gordongreig ! Very wonderful video !!! I m very proud of what you achieved with FlightControlReplay!

For adjust the speed i advice you to fix FPS in FCR Options: “Choose sample rate for record/play” fix to the medium value about you achieve in your MSFS (fps i mean) . I think this happened because FPS go up and down quickly in your sim … Try this and let me know !

I want thank you for your great video recorded with FlightControlReplay …

And @AllUsers stay tuned in the next weeks before Christmas because i m quite ready with FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAY CAMERA MANAGER UPDATE (Free Update for ALL Customers) ! And from today IN SIMMARKET FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAY start PROMO SALE until end of the year !! Jump IN!

1 Like

Thanks @Kartijno - in the F-16 video I fixed FPS to 40 and that seemed to give better results and I didn’t notice the speed running fast when I repalyed that. Will keepm experimenting.

FlightControlReplay is working very well for me right now and I’ve noticed a very big improvement in responsiveness when moving the timeline back and forward in long recordings - previously FCR might take 15-20 seconds to “restart” the replay in a (say) 4 hour recording, but now it is nearly instant! Awesome and makes a a huge difference

1 Like

Hi everybody,

Things are moving fast lately in the development progress of Camera Manager Update for FlightControlReplay.

The Beta team has even started the tests of Camera Manager Update.

It will bring new features to Record, Replay and even Control Camera movements in MSFS, and I can now confirm that it works also in P3D.

FCR will master the Camera, by allowing you to map key shortcuts to Camera movements that will override the default ones from the simulator.
And now the best part, FCR can Record and Replay the Camera movements independently from the aircraft flight situation. These movements can be replayed at the same time than you Replay the flight, and they can be also applied to any other flight situation Replay for example.

All details soon when it’s ready for public release, as a FREE update AGAIN.

More videos featuring FlightControlReplay :

Gordon Greig
SC Designs F 16 | 1440p

AviationLads
SimWorksStudios - Kodiak 100 | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer] | 4K

The Flight Sim Deck
Lugano Never Looked So Good! Airbus H135 Helicopter Project | 4K

Hello,

Before next weekend, all FlightControlReplay users will be able to take advantage of Camera Manager Update - the new and free set of features

• with Camera movements Record and Replay in one hand, (for MSFS and P3D)
  • and in the other hand for MSFS, you’ll be able to set your shortcuts of all Camera controls directly in FCR options menu : quick, easy, clear ! Setting your key shortcuts here, will override the MSFS controls.

MSFS has a long list of controls, with near to endless selection windows. The goal here is to focus on the most used and simple camera controls, in a single window (our option menu). 12 camera controls visible at once and ready for key assignment !

FlightControlReplay sponsored this weekend online meeting with FlightBeam, FSelite, Laminar Research and others :
the FSelite and FS Association Year-End Cross-Community Panel

More videos featuring FlightControlReplay, just here and now :

Cinematic MSFS
Zielona Góra EPGZ Trailer for MSFS by Drzewiecki Design | 4K

AviationLads
MK-Studios - Rovaniemi Airport MSFS [Official Trailer] | 4K

CarbonPixel
Spitfire Mk IXc v1.1.0 Startup and Merlin Engine Flame VFX | 4K

Camera Manager Update released !

Another FREE set of new features is available to all registered users of FlightControlReplay.

1. CAMERA MOVEMENTS (available in MSFS and P3D)

It’s made to add new features including Record and Replay the camera movements, independently from the aircraft flight situation.

Use the Options Menu to make your choice :

• You can either record the usual aircraft flight, as you have always done
  • OR You can record at once the usual aircraft flight AND the camera movements at once in the same and unique flight situation file.
  • OR you can prefer to record ONLY the camera movements, in its respective FCR file.

For example, you can use this new feature to work an advanced camera path, impressive camera effects, in order to apply them to several and different flight situation Replays, to replicate these camera moves in multiple videos.

1. CAMERA CONTROLS OVERRIDE (MSFS only)

To complete the above features, you may need easy and quick controls of the camera in MSFS. That’s why the main camera controls can be set through the simple and clear interface of FlightControlReplay ! You will be able to set your shortcuts of all Camera controls directly in FCR Options Menu ! Setting your key shortcuts here, will override the MSFS controls.

MSFS has a long list of controls, with near to endless selection windows. The goal here is to focus on the most used and simple camera controls, in a single window (our option menu). 12 camera controls visible at once are ready for key assignment ! For Prepar3D users, we still rely on the default settings controls of the sim.

Introduction to existing features with our Official Trailer by AviationLads

FlightControlReplay is already compatible with the latest versions of the simulators, Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year v1.21.13.0 as well as Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v5.3 hotfix 1.

Download the new installer build from your simMarket customer account, uninstall the existing version and run the new setup.

Have fun and happy celebrations for this end of year !