Flightsim.to and 3rd Party Developers Dispute

For those who create freeware addons and upload to flightsim.to genuinely out of passion for recognition and are now removing your addons and leaving. Just know and adjust your expectations for new times in a changing culture. In 2023 even some of us veteran flight simmers don’t really care nor have the attention span to keep and track multiple download site tabs saved under favorites anymore. Flightsim.to has really spoiled us as being a one stop freeware addon stop.

Your mods and genius talent just may be forgotten 12 months from now unfortunately outside of the bigger repository platforms. While I do understand the feelings and issues with this particular TOS ordeal and freeware developers blood sweat & tears they put into their addons. Just be open to different expectations as far as your freeware addon’s reach and notoriety being only available on your personal smaller platforms or elsewhere. We live in a faster pace of things where your work just may be forgotten about and hardly accessed any longer.

I recall having about 30+ websites saved for FSX addons under favorites and always neglected to check anything under the first 5-10 for addon updates.
I hope things get worked out as some of the most talented freeware devs are pulling out of flightsim.to.
What’s going to happen with me personally as an addon enthusiast ? I’ll simply forget to check out your new file hosting locations over time and your addons/updates will eventually become something I forget and no longer use. Flightsim.to has really changed the addon/update game to the point either you adapt or get left behind in this new age of quick simple accessibility just as Apple/Android in the new age cellphone world.

11 Likes