Flightsim.to and 3rd Party Developers Dispute

But the key concern of these developers from what I understand is still that flightsim.to retains a license. They don’t like that. They feel that if they request their content to be removed, that the license that flightsim.to retains could be used maliciously. However, if flightsim.to allowed that license they hold to be revoked, flightsim.to has conferred a copy of that license to every person that downloaded the addon. Now, the developer has the right to request that each individual user who downloaded the addon remove it based off that it is a now revoked license of the addon. The license they retain separates the users from the content developers. Flightsim.to was granted a license that they could in exchange grant to individual users who download. Without retaining that license, a content developer who now wants to go payware with their content could insist that their rights of the revoked license be upheld and all users remove content.

What some content developers are asking for is just unrealistic. They themselves are attempting to protect themselves from their content being misused. But they are overlooking the ultimate users of their work. If they have complete and utter unlimited rights to their work, that also opens the door to another developer taking action against the very users of the site. Truthfully, if I as a user knows that a content developer has complete utter rights to tell me to remove something that I downloaded in agreement with flightsim.to, I’m not going to use the site. I don’t want the possibility of having to hire a lawyer because I downloaded something at one point legally. I dont think anyone wants that possibility. But the very thing developers are arguing over is what ensures that that scenario can’t happen.