[Foot] Amelia Earhart 85th Anniversary Flight

I like it!

1 Like

I am on Xbox so I can’t get the Electra. I’ve got the Fokker F.VII though.

1 Like

For who loves a challenge, try finding Howland with the stars…

Software used for MSFS is here:

Discord channel is here: Discord

1 Like

It’s almost here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have created Howland Island airport HWPA. You can download it at flightsim.

2 Likes

Thanks grebnoraa!

I realize that it might not be used until July. If there are any tweaks or functional improvements, I can try figure them out and update before we need it. As far as I know we only need the island to be recognizable as an airstrip. There is fuel parking, but it might not be working correctly. Historically they didn’t have much to go on to find the island other than a heading, air speed, wind direction/speed, and time. Additionally I believe it was cloudy with unfavorable winds the day Amelia was lost.

I haven’t been able to figure out ATC radio distance yet. It would be neat if ATC would come online when you get within 10nm of the island and promptly break off or stop giving airport direction once you get further than 10nm.

1 Like

late to the party but would love to join

2 Likes

3 Likes

of course, i appreciate not everyone is going to book time off work for this =D

2 Likes

Dougiesy the great

I caught up on the first 2 legs last tonight so hopefully I can join in at Tuscon tomorrow.

1 Like

Uploading: 20220520235908_1.jpg…

4 Likes

Late to this but would like to join. Neat idea Foot.

1 Like

hey how did you get the electra to do the 17 hour flight between lae and howland ? does this mod have the extra fuel tanks required to do the hop ?

The Amelia Earhart version of the Electra which is included in the pack from Aeroplane Heaven, definitely has all the fuel capacity you need.

1 Like

awesome. cant wait to try this.

1 Like