Fps drop down

Same problem here, flying over desert zones, 60 fps, and suddenly drops to 12-15 fps from around 2 minutes, and then frames goes up, but to 45 fps, not the previous 60 fps. This never happened before the UK update.

1 Like

I was monitoring the GPU usage with HWmonitor and it seems when the frame drops, GPU usage is below 40%. When GPU usage goes back above 50%-60% the frame rate is back to normal. I donā€™t know why this happens.

1 Like

Exactly what happens to me, my gpu temps go really low during these periods

1 Like

this is ridiculous. FIX THIS!!!

1 Like

I have the same problem in the start menu and when Iā€™m flying, the same thing happens, fps drop 10 fps for about 2 or 3 minutes. Before the update this did not happen

Same here!!! Ramdomly gpu (RTX 2060 Super) drops down to 15% usage and CPU to 10 %
Two consecutive days.
Today I installed latest 461.72 NMvidia drivers thinking this solve the problem, but the same issue at 10 minutes after takeoff.

Someone above mentioned opening the VFR map and dragging the view around away from the aircraft cures itā€¦it only smegging does!

Tried it half a dozen times now and every time it cures the FPS drop after a few seconds.

Try it. When the FPS drops, open your VFR map (V) and drag the map view around, not the window, the VFR map itself.

1 Like

Yesterday I did a flight that lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes and by the time that I started the engines fps dropped to 5. This continued just before I was holding short on the runway. After the take off nothing happened for almost 1:45 hour. Then I experienced the same problem again. Based on the suggestions, I opened the VFR map and dragged the view, that helped me to recover the situation after a few seconds.

But same thing happened periodically in approximately 5 minutes. Hopefully nothing occured during the landing but this problem is annoying indeed. I had this problem after one month when the game was launched I guess. Since then, havenā€™t been experiencing anything. Whatever happened to me, it happened after the world update. I really hope that this gets resolved soon !

Same here.

Next time when the FPS-drop is ongoing, turn whole ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY: OFF (BING MAPS: OFF isnā€™t enough) doing this cleared my FPS-drop and when I turned it back ON the struggling continued as it is clearly somehow online Gaming Service / server related issue.

Iā€™ll try that and will let you know. I already tried turning off photowossnameitry, no effect.

1 Like

Oh yeah, P.S. I have found that, usually anyway, when the slow down starts if I open the VFR map and drag the map around (the map, not the window) then after a second or two it all clears againā€¦rather than waiting minutes for it to clear on itā€™s own.

tmpnmk,
That is the ONLY thing that works 100% of the time to stop this problem. Iā€™ve tried the VFR map thing and Iā€™m not convinced it ever worked for me. And it MUST be turn off ā€œOnline Functionalityā€. Turning off individual online data like traffic, bing, photogrametry, multi-player doesnā€™t work.

1 Like

Idem problem :frowning:

You are right. Well, you can still enjoy the MSFS without the Online Functionality.

https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2021/03/07/dramatic-fps-drop-issues/

Turning off rolling cache seems to have eliminated the problem.

I turned off rolling cache and deleted the rolling cache file. After 6 flights in different areas of the world, including a test flight Iā€™ve flown where I repeatedly get the drops from 35 to 10-15 fps, Iā€™ve not experienced a single instance of this symptom. I still have rolling cache off, so Iā€™m going to do another test turning rolling cache on which will create a new cache file.

Guys,try to disable A.I AIRLINER TRAFFIC (aka no other planes in the sky)

Has happened to me twice since the UK update and neither time anywhere near the UK.

The first time was on finals to Malmo when a constant 30fps dropped to 14 and stayed that way. Didnā€™t bother to wait for them to return to normal.

The second time was at a small airport in Lithuania - EYPA. Started taxi at 30fps and as I turned onto the runway fps went down to 15fps and stayed that way until just after takeoff when they resumed normal levels at 30fps for the remainder of the 2 hour trip.

My question is this, I have a very good PC to run MSFS maybe have micro stutters, I would not know my FPS, I find people are more concerned about their FPS and chasing it to squeeze a few more, than actually flying.if it runs smoothly, I cant see what the issue is here. I see a lot of talk about pc tech stuffā€¦this runs better than that blah blah.suddenly everyone becomes an expert.If it runs smoothly enjoy. Sometimes I feeI am reading a PC magazine than a flight simā€¦

1 Like

What was the question?