FPS totally bogged down

Don’t know if this happened after an upgrade, or what. All I know is the sim is suddenly unplayable due to extremely low fps. With developer mode on, I took a screen grab of what is happening while a simple activity is trying to load, shown here. As you can see, this is some major sort of slow. This carries over into actual flight attempts, regardless of whether it’s challenges or free flight, regardless of airplane type or location. I am running Nvidia GeForce Experience optimized global graphic settings (mostly “medium”), and have been successfully doing so for about 2 years. Since this happened I have even tried going to “low end” global settings, no joy. Machine completes 3rd party benchmark tests (Superposition, Performance Test, UserBenchmark, etc.) in all aspects with numbers equal to or better than it did when first tested.

i7-4790K
GTX 1070i Gigabyte
32GB Samsung memory
WDC 500GB SSD

1 Like

The mainthread render time is insanely high - this should be in the range between 10-50 ms depending on the load. You have >1700 ms, and this is pointing to a processor issue. It’s most likely throttling down for some reason. This can happen if the processor is overheating due to a failed or failing CPU fan. I would check there first.

1 Like

Thank you for the response. Speccy says the CPU is running low 70’s during that same sequence depicted in my OP.

From memory, the Tjmax of the 4790k is ~105 C, so I don’t think thermal throttling is your issue if your described “low 70s” temperature range is accurate. Anything into the 80s and 90s would be an issue for the 4790k. I would download and use HWInfo and use the sensors tab. What temperatures are reported here, as well as core frequency? What’s the current and max frequency reported during the scenario you’re referencing in your OP? Also, double check your WIndows power settings and make sure they’re set to “High Performance” for now.

No sign of thermal throttling… screenshot taken during same OP sequence. Windows power set to “High Performance” as suggested.

to be sure: you see 2fps only in that loading screen ?

If so, then you topic is a duplicate topic of:

and not an issue at all. Nobody care about fps in the flight-load-screen.

If you mean low-fps in generall, then please share real-fps value while you in-flight, only these is relevant. There are also lots of topics releated to such cases with existing hints. As example most important is tLOD setting and some times makes photogrammetry bit trouble near ground.

My issue and experience exactly. After loading the flight, FPS tanks. Just started this past week after a Win 11 update.

1 Like

I care about FPS during flight load because it is symptomatic of even bigger issues during flight, which is for all intents and purposes impossible, due to that same low FPS.

Solution in the post linked below, also worked for me… I simply turned off Photogrammetry and I now have normal FPS during flight load AND flight. BTW, where I was seeing 2 FPS (during activity load), I now see 170 (one hundred seventy). Extremely low FPS during activity load obviously can be a valid indicator that your flight FPS is going to be even worse.

what I wrote in this topic and in the other post at very beginning and may be the OP will check that too :wink:

And be aware… the effect of PG seems bit depend on region and very often is the issue mainly “on ground” ( you can check that easy e.g. with a helicoper )