Frequent CTD on short final recently

I’m finding myself seeing more CTD on short final and its really frustrating. Performance during take off, cruise, descent is flawless and then BOOM CTD on short final. Honestly I’m getting fed up now, I run a 4790k with 1070 with 16GB RAM so not a super computer but I run modest medium settings and everything behaves flawlessly until about 3 miles out then BOOM.

Maybe SU5 will improve things - here’s hoping.

This is very interesting because this started to happen to me as well.

I fly mostly VFR and on final, at KLAX or KSBA (Santa Barbara) I’m getting CTD.
I never had them, and know out of the sudden I’m expiring them every time.

Very frustrating indeed.

1 Like

I also am getting these crashes all of a sudden. I deleted all my liveries from my community folder and it seems to have helped. I had all the mega pack liveries loaded and I always fly online vatsim for multiplayer. I’m wondering if when we are landing there are plane liveries that msfs doesn’t like for some reason now?

checked already ? ( increasement of your windows pagefile )

Please also check windows event log for the error message.

I heard that MSFS will be less demanding… but… who knows :wink:

Happened again same flight EGKK to LFPG, about 2NM on short final ILS 26R using AS CRJ. Seems repeatable - anyone else fly into LFPG in the CRJ without issues?

Well that means you are safely landed!

OK, I fixed my CTD on final by removing all my Community Add-ons and started adding them back in groups.
I was able to find the problematic one, for me was the FBW A320.
No more CTD on finals, which before I was able to replicate 100% of the time.

SuperVertrix

It has been weeks since I had a CTD but this morning I had two flights in a row CTD. One happened when I was in pause and the other happen on short final to DFW. I really don’t want to start having CTD all the time again.

Not too fast!
I got another CTD about two days ago.
I took of from KABQ (Albuquerque New Mexico) flew around the city of Santa Fe.
Came back to KABQ, as soon as the ATC cleared me to land and I was about 1 mile away from the airport, the simulator froze, then CTD.
:frowning:

SuperVertrix

Hate to join this topic, here is my latest short final CDT case… Might be a long read but I needed to pull off some frustration here.

Xbox user, with only the xbox controller and a mouse,

Flying the Deluxe edition Boeing B787-10 departing EHAM bound to MMMX, no flight plan from the map, just spawning at a gate capable to fit this heavy bird.

Got in there early to manually set the flight on the FMC with data from the flight plan generated at SimBrief, a lot of waypoints to be added as there is no way to load the file on the xbox, no big deal. Load and balance checked considering the alternate and winds, charts on hand, fuel loaded, pre flight done, so far so good and ready to get clearance, it is nice to request the IFR clearance as per the FMC flight plan, just struggling with the altitude (more on this later), got the clearance, and ready for pushback.

Engines started and headed to the active, here we go! took just a bit more of 3/4 of the runway to reach v1 and managed to climb for an initial 10000 ft, took about 4.5 minutes to get there and after a couple more minutes I realized that this was my cruise altitude for the (not so I) IA ATC despite I entered FL370 in the FMC earlier, so needed to call ATC to request increase of 10000 ft twice, and 7000 to finally reach the planned 370. Stepped climb was approved and about 20 minutes later 370 was reached.

I actively monitored the flight until reaching the North Atlantic track D for westbound, handed the ATC communications to the copilot and from there I moved to my laptop to get other stuff done, got a nice lunch and did some other stuff at home, only monitored the progress, fuel and winds every hour or so.

Finally got into the Canadian airspace, sat in the couch for some other 30 minutes and kept going with the life at home until reaching Houston Center FIR which indicates we are on the last 2-3 hours of the flight, I came back for the last 1.5 hours to prepare and brief the arrival to MMMX, a bit of extra fuel weight due to a +75kt tailwind over the Atlantic, but still all good.

Descent started, STAR set in the FMC (AI) ATC took this as a change in the destination and got a new flight plan approved there which is still annoying, that also resets the cruise altitude to 13000 ft so a bit of mess was added to the operation, sorted that out and made it to the Mexico Arrivals frequency, NAV radios to MEX ad ILS set and the plane was set on the arrival, nice spacing with other AI traffic this time and there is a gorgeous sunset with the Mexico City skyline view (Thanks FlyMex for the Mexico City landmarks Add On). Established on the localizer, gear down!, turning to final on the MMMX 05R ILS Z approach, ATC handed to the tower frequency, all seems good to land after 11 hours of flight.

Boeing 787, Cleared to land Rwy 5R, acknowledged and turned off the auto pilot for the last 2 miles in the approach. Gliding smooth with no challenging winds and suddenly the screen went black, CTD on short final, 11 hours after a great experience and less than 10 minutes to reach a parking spot and turn off the engines on this nice looking simulation.

So here I was, took a couple of seconds stare at the Xbox main menu screen, a couple of blinks and rested the controller at the coffee table in front of me, took a sip of water and turned the console off, then headed to my bar cabinet for a short glass of bourbon.

And that was it.

Will rest a couple of days from the sim, then attempt a few domestic legs and some touch and go sessions on my local airport, maybe some day I will try another long haul, I hope the Sim update 7 will fix more CTD issues, but let’s wait and see.