Fs-base-cgl-0.1.21.fspackage.001 & fs-base-cgl-0.1.30.fspatch.002 download Bug

I shared your pain for days until I used the ‘Retrieve the local save” method here:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016844080-Download-stuck-on-packages-Install-loop

I too had tried everything else without joy. I think the key to this is making sure you disconnect from the web at the right time and then “select the local save”.

Good luck

Um absurdo meu amigo …um absurdo nunca imaginei que iria passar por esse transtorno … compramos e não estamos recebendo a mercadoria !!!

1 Like

I have an rx480 and I re flashed one of the bios’s to an rx580. that made it work but its a pretty dangerous work around. it doesn’t matter a ton for me because I have a bios switch but WTF this should have been fixed!!!

I’m abandoning this simulator now. First of all I never got it to work properly despite being an experienced simmer, experienced PC user and normally very happy to work through problems. However, this software, the way it’s distributed and updated is a total disaster. Upon downloading a patch today the installer completely erased the program, and now while trying to download it once again I find the initial file download is cycling for the past four hrs. I’ve had enough of this now, I might come back in a years time. I’m heading back to X-Plane.

2 Likes

I posted about it here, but got no response.

I assumed it was just me doing something wrong.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ms-store-disappears-and-deletes-my-entire-fs2020-application-with-it/315760

so here is the solution:

for some reasons, you must stay with your download speed below 40 MBit/s (4,53 MB/s).
That means - install netlimiter and limit your Internet speed for the flightsimulator.exe to that value (38 MBit/s to be sure).

Voila - at least for me that was the solution after spending hours researching the internet.

When I downloaded the FS 2020 the first time, my internet speed was below 40 MBit/s. So I didnt realize the problem.

i am lucky just got refunded cos i bought the game 2 days back. tried everything mentioned over here and spent additional money for a router, vpn, ethernet cable and still wouldn’t start. total madness.
i wonder why there wasn’t a similar backlash like cyberpunk.

1 Like

The same, I bought one month of a vpn and tried everything, but I am blocked on one file that don’t want to download… PLEASE ASOBO FIX THIS. I am angry

Try to Download NetLimiter4 and set the Download limit to 450 kbs = 3,9 Mbs ,
works for me to fix the download loop, but takes some time to download -.-

3 Likes

I have exactly the same issue. I was using the Sim successfully until the last update. I have been trying to download the sim for the last week, but it has stopped at patch 026 and refuses to download any further. Stock replies from Zendesk, none of which worked. No further support, this is the worst software I have ever purchased. A complete waste of money.

They need to redo their whole downloader so that it doesn’t restart the download upon failure.

I have been reading all the talks about the recent downloads, and yes I am in the same boat I have been trying to update for over a week now, it started when I purchased the Hawk Jet that in the market section of MSFS2020 in the sim, up to this point my downloads for updating the sim worked, they would last three to four hours, but it worked, after purchasing the hawk aircraft then installing it (downloading) the package failed. I kept going back and trying to re-download but it kept failing the sim was still working at this point then came update 1.14.5.0, it was hanging at every stage, then stopped completely I tried all troubleshooting guides from Microsoft Flightsim site and the forums. I completely removed the sim and then re-installed from new and that’s where I am now I have left it downloading all night at times pausing at time as well, even blaming my ISP, updating my VPN to premium unlimited, this seems to help at the moment, I am at Downloading fs-base-cgl-0.1.21 fspackage.17… with 64.87GiB to go???!! Not sure who many fs-base-cgl-0.1.21 it needs. Saw one account that theres are up to 30 :open_mouth: I have been FMFS fan from the early 80’s PC spec i7-8700 CPU Nvidia 2070RTX 16GB RAM 256 SSD 2T Hard Drive passing note Do Not uninstall the sim it will take a lifetime to put it back on your system. :frowning:

I have tried all the suggestions from Zendesk and nothing has worked. I don’t think they are treating the issue seriously as aIl their suggestions imply that my computer has an issue preventing it from downloading files. As I have no problem downloading from any other agencies, only from MSFS, it seems they are not prepared to address the real issue which is their own systems. I have now gone back to P3d and quite frankly I am enjoying the fluidity and lack of stuttering, the simple menu systems, and the instant response from a fairly reliable and comprehensive ATC system, which will vector me for an approach correctly. MSFS seems to be getting worse as time goes on, with so many outstanding issues neglected that I doubt they will produce a fully working simulator in the near future. Its just a very pretty game at the moment, albeit one with a lot of problems.

Thanks! It looks like the file has started to upload

If you want that file separately i will provide the download link

THE ISSUE of Restarting Downloads!

Fix the DATA RACE ISSUES manually.

I have had a look into the behaviour of FS2020 updater on a 5900x 32gig + 1TB M2 - gtx1660 workstation on Gigabit LAN to UMTS Modem
It restarts downloads randomly and can’t get past files bigger than a few MB
GPU Usage sits at 100%, engine runs on steroids as the fast blinking indicator show’s

#1 Limiting to Single-Core in Task Manager:
This will have one Core performing at 100%, The Music gets glitched. Everything takes ages to react.
But Downloads didnt restart anymore, and were at 9Mbit
GPU Usage is limited by 1core, blinking indicators ar slow.

#2 limiting the 1GB network card from auto negotiate to 10 or 100 Mbit.
This works instantly, but my download rate is down to 1mbit
GPU Usage from 40 to 90%, blinking indicators at “normal” speed

Both get rid of the download loop, but both show how broken this piece of software is.

Now i’m, waiting on a 60GB file to download at 1mbit/ cause microsoft FS2020.
fs-base-cgl-0.1.63.fspackage.006
It’s on 1.86gb after 12 hours 4%
Yesterday installed VSBuild Tools and Starcraft2 - 40GB in like 6 hours.

It is pure Luck that the MS2020 downloader is working for some people.
FS2020 server’s traffic must be off the charts for customers expiriencing troubles.

The behaviour of Tech Support is beyond 0.

2 Likes

This problem has been going on for almost a year. The bug is in the Microsoft download software. All the tips to get a solution in your system are nonsense. And Microsoft is unable or unwilling to solve the problem. I’ve been downloading for 3 days now and 12GB are still missing. Sometimes it runs, but repeatedly a file gets stuck, downloads almost all of it, and then starts over at 0% before saving. It works best at night (Thai time). Hopefully I’ll finish next night. I think if they can not do better, they should allow the download via FTP, so you could download the files, for example, with FileZilla. We paid for it.

1 Like

I am reinstalling MSFS due to it not responding. I have to use Netlimiter4 and limit my download speed to between 3 and 5 Mbs. This will take about 60 hours…if nothing goes wrong. This game is broken in so many small ways that I wonder if it will ever ‘arrive’…so much ‘potential’ but so many snags.

This was an Issue that I had way back with the Closed Beta, even discussed as much at the time. Back then I didn’t really have the hardware to play the game at acceptable quality so took a break (took while to source the correct hardware etc.), now that I’ve got a more capable machine and am trying this again the issue still persists. The package name doesn’t seem to matter specifically as it occurs with many different ones.

Obviously I’ve tried everything in the FAQ and have applied all kinds of user suggestions in this thread back then and now, most promising was Netlimiter mostly works for me if you limit to about 10 m/bit but theres some packages that will fail no matter what (some i’ve had to lower down to about 1 mbit). The install has been left running for days and its only half way done. Regardless of whether I eventually manage to get it installed again or not, its rather ridiculous that this issue still hasn’t been given the correct priority to get fixed after all this time.

I had the same issue and tried all the suggested fixes and nothing worked.

I’m trying now to use a hard wired internet connection rather than WIFI and will see what happens so far it is loading. I wanted to share this to help others.

Update over WIFI does not work for me!