FS2020 is not using all the GPU and CPU power in VR - Could this explain the low performance?

Hey,

I have specs lower than minimum reqs for VR but looks like I’m having the somewhat the same issue.

My specs:

• GTX 1070
  • Intel® Core™ i7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz
  • 16 RAM (2400 mHz)
  • HTC Cosmos Vive
  • Everything is on LOW in VR
  • Everything on Med in non VR (usually getting about 40-50 FPS with small GA planes and steam VR off)
  • All VR software beta(Vive, SteamVR, OpenXR)

On the screen above it shows that I’m limited by MainThread but only one CPU core is used at about 50%(rest cores utilized at about 30-50%). GPU is used at about 30%.

I’m always getting 18 fps in any glass cockpit plane (a320 - 18 fps, Cessna 172 G1000 - 18 fps) 766x500 rendering res (same super sampling res) - 18 fps. The only aircraft in which I was able to get about 30 fps in VR was Cessna 152.

Tried this awesome guide by CptLucky8. TAA option made VR look better and there is no stutters but still stable 18 fps with glass cockpit planes
After 3 days of trying if feels like I’m out of the options… (if anybody had same issue - please help).

On the other hand here is the screen without VR. GPU is 90% loaded, CPU is about 70% - it is clear to me that I have GPU bottleneck in this specific case - no questions here.

The only thing is left for me is to hope that current behavior may have something to do with MFS VR optimization and that something might change with Xbox release.