FSdreamteam KEYW missing buildings

I spent the last 2 hours trying to get this working, and I finally did. There’s something really messed up about it though.

No matter what I remove or install for 3rd party (be it from marketplace or other sources), I CANNOT get KEYW to work if the USA update is installed.

I had previously emptied my community folder, restarted the sim, and it made absolutely no different. KEYW didn’t work.

Tonigh through a lot of trial and error, I found the order in which to install them:

In order to get it to work, I had to:

• remove all community mods
  • Remove KEYW pack
  • Remove the USA World Update
  • Reinstall KEYW
  • Reinstall the USA World Update.

Then it worked.

At that point, I started re-adding 3rd party scenery. I had already gotten rid of the known culprits (NASA and Guitar Hotel). I started adding scenery packs a couple at a time, restarting between each.

In the end, I found the culprit(s) that were causing me grief, and now KEYW works. The USA Update does interfere with it though, and repeatedly saw it. Removed USA, it worked. Reinstalled it, it stopped. It’s only by installing KEYW BEFORE installing the USA update that I managed to get it working at all, even without add-on scenery.

That said, I found my culprits in a scenery udpate from CYOW.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION:

If I installed the USA update first, then the KEYW pack, the airport would revert to auto-gen scenery vs not having any buildings at all. I didn’t have the problem of no buildings at all. I think that order of installation plus the extra add-ons (the latter causing NO buildings) were a double problem I was experiencing. But if you’re seeing auto-gen buildings, this solution will work.

1 Like

I want to addon to what Chrunchmeister stated, bc his process worked for me. I’ve been plagued with FSDT KEYW not showing buildings. There is definitely some kind of conflict, however, I still wanted to keep my 400+ addons (I know, I have a problem).

So, for me, the resolution appears to be with the Content.xml ordering. If FSDT KEYW is “too high” or “too low” in the Content.xml file, the buildings won’t show.

The best advice I can give you is to setup your Content.xml like this:

• All core/base MSFS folders (Asobo-, fs-base-, microsoft-*)
  • All marketplace installed packages (should be the rest of the folders in your OneStore folder that’s NOT from Asobo/MS directly. (This is where FSDT KEYW landed for me)
  • All Community folder based airports/sceneries from other marketplaces, like Simmarket
  • All Community folder based freeware addon airports, like from flightsim.to
  • All Community folder based freeware addon sceneries/cities, like from flightsim.to

Finally - if anyone has duplicate animated people in this scenery, let me know, I can help fix it for you.

I have no addon in community folder. And got the follow broken airport building EGPH .
Any comments? This pic is taken when i first start MSFS today!

tks.

Wow that looks bad. Sorry you’re having this issue.

Honestly, to me it looks like you might try a reinstallation of the airport. It looks like you have more than just buildings missing.

If you remove that addon do the building change back to default?

yeah,i reinstall msfs and found sometimes its ok,but sometimes not…,trying remove all addon and find any possible way to solve it. Good to hear advices from all. tks.