G1000 AND Steam Gauges ... why choose?

I am thinking maybe AM on a couple of non touchscreen monitors and a more polished version of my current panel. I quite like having my seven segment displays for the radios. I am planning on getting some dual encoders, but I would prefer to have enough of them that I can dedicate them rather than the Knobster one-knob-for-all approach. (I have 20 single axis rotary encoders on my panel right now. My previous panel had 10 and re-used them for different purposes, but it was too annoying.)

I agree. I am also in the interim phase with my cockpit and will be complementing the touch instruments with some dedicated hardware aside from the knobster. Things like gear, flaps and trim for instance that work the same for different aircraft are easy to implement but some may have all or some of those already covered on an existing controller. What I like about having that mix is you get actual hardware and the flexibility of AM for all those specific aircraft panel items. I fly multiple aircraft types in MSFS and Xplane and love how quickly I can change from one to the other and still have the unique immersion of each aircraft. I would not fly without it.

1 Like

For gear, flaps, trim etc. I use my Honeycomb Bravo. For those of us who like to fly a lot of different types of aircraft, the Bravo is really flexible. I am very happy with it.

Hey Bobbi C,
were you able to keep the controller awake with full time vibration?

Love your pit.