G2 will not go into VR

A message pops up saying “check open xr is installed”
I can start VR ,then when I revert to pancake ,the fun starts when going into VR again.
I noticed open xr had an update yesterday.
MSFS will not go back into VR.You have to restart the game to do this.

Going out and back in to VR has always been a bit like Russian roulette. The best way to deal with issues like you are experiencing is to stay in VR, even exiting the game that way too.

Try unchecking the use latest runtime box at the top.

Yeah for me with the Reverb G2 switching to VR after planning a flight is no problem, switching back to desktop at end of flight causes a crash most times, so I just make sure and exit whilst in VR.

Unchecking latest runtime worked for me untill yesterday.Now that hack no longer works.

There is a new update out as of today for open XR.

GO to MS store and select library in the top right 3 dots, then on the left go to downloads.

From there on the top right it should say in blue , GET UPDATES.

Click that it should refresh and show anything you havent updated including open XR.

Try to DL that and then reboot your PC.

If all that fails, consider uninstalling openxr and wmr from windows, rebooting, and then reinstalling it again.

It was today’s update that caused this issue for me. VR works fine but if you stop it and try to relaunch then it says check open XR is installed just like the OP says. Only way to get it going again is to restart the sim.

Well thanks for replying Dr Swellington,glad it was not me all my own with this problem.

Thankyou the VRpilot ,no luck unfortunately.

1 Like

This has been happening to me for months with or without the using the latest runtime. Have reinstalled Open XR and WMR multiple times but it just never goes away. Fine first time in to VR but go out and you are doomed to have to quit MSFS. Pretty frustrating that this is still going on.

Same here - This worked until yesterday… Just created a new thread for that!
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/openxr-update-from-nov-17th-reverb-g2-ctd-after-switching-to-vr-and-back/471965/2

Well Incubus your having a ctd when you go in or out of VR.
I do not get a ctd just the notice ,I can carry on playing in pancake mode.
Do you see the notice?

This only happens, when I had “use latest preview” enabled and switched between VR and 2D. I´ve had this disabled and everything was fine until yesterday.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.