G36 Improvement Project

Disregard my last post.

If you do see the issue, make sure to restart the sim (in case you went straight from the update into the sim) and to be sure reinstall the mods.

Everything is working as it should.

4 Likes

I deleted and reinstalled both the G36 and the G1000 mods. What happens is when I turn on the battery switches, I get the bootup Garmin screens. The PFD loads and the MFD gives me the screen waiting for the softkey button to be pressed.

Itā€™s as if the Avionics Master switch has no purpose.

Are you sure there is no other mod loaded after this one that somehow alters one of the files?

Reversionary mode should work in 0.5 + G1000 0.3.1.

To put this into some perspective: it can take 15 minutes or more for a defroster in a car to melt ice on the windshield at 0-2 degrees Celsius, if youā€™re lucky. Now letā€™s take a plane up into the air, and weā€™ll say that the OAT is -10C. Assuming a speed of 135 KIAS, that air is now effectively -30C. Some hot air blowing on the inside of the windscreen is not going to do a single thing to clear that ice.

Ofc your are right, but if you descend back to +5c and you still have ice , I would imagine it would help clean it, naturally it would take 15 min for example but with the hot air helping it just takes 7 for example. This is all I would like to see. Only in the windshield ofc.

5C at 120 KIAS is still -6C. It takes a long time for icing to clear itself, and the defroster still is going to be contributing next to nothing. You also need to keep in mind that aircraft windscreens are substantially thicker than car windshields, diminishing the effect of the defroster on outside ice even further.

EDIT: It also just occurred to me that prop wash is going to exacerbate these issues, figured I should mention that.

Here is a good photo showing about all the defrost will do. This was at -4Ā°C OAT. Unfortunately not much help unless it is thin (not that I am condoning taking the Bonanza in icing conditions - thatā€™s where the Baron is nice).

8 Likes

This is what Iā€™m asking for :smiley: just to see out in a sport :smiley: Currently if you ice up you canā€™t see anything. :smiley:

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m wondering, but I donā€™t know what else could be interfering here. I guess I need to take out some other plane mods like the TBM and C208 and see if those are causing issues. But as long as I know this isnā€™t normal, then I can at least know itā€™s on my end and work from there. Thanks.

I noticed the autopilot indicators are way more bright green than in simulator. I wish they were better represented since the current simulated colors are hard to see.

Edit: Or maybe i have my light settings too low?

1 Like

Ok itā€™s definitely a mod thatā€™s interfering.

Is there any way to do this easier, or do I need to completely exit the sim, put a mod folder back in, restart and reload the plane to find outā€¦and then do it all over again for each folder?

The park brake should be part of the pre-start checklistā€¦ So if it is in fact off, because the last pilot missed setting it on the shutdown, then you fix it before start. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m afraid yes. Airports and scenery should not interfere.

Arrgh. As much as I enjoy the sim, theyā€™ve really dropped the ball on certain stuff. This mod folder and how it behaves is going to be a real issue as the life of the sim goes on.

The offending mod is Uwaā€™s light mod. Is that already in the G36 mod maybe?

1 Like

Yup it is, does that solve it?

Yeah, itā€™s what was causing it. I can see from comparing his systems.cfg that it changes the busses and other stuff, so thatā€™s it I guess.

We need to get some kind of FAQ list and include such issues. It can indeed become quite messy if you run many modsā€¦

5 Likes

Yes, as more and more mods get introduced, I canā€™t not imagine how things donā€™t get messy.

Absolutely agree, parking brake is indeed in the pre-start checklist, so a fresh start of the engine via the checklists should catch that the parking brake isnā€™t engaged when the sim loads. However, being the last pilot in the aircraft in the sim, I know for absolute fact that the parking brake was set when I exited the sim. :slight_smile:

Personally, the parking brake not being engaged at sim start isnā€™t an issue whatsoever, nor is the G1000 reverting to CDI mode when it was in GPS at shut down. But like CaptainBalu0, I thought these were supposed to be conserved states, saved when exiting the sim. Admittedly, these are super minor nitpicks and easy to resolve in the sim, but theyā€™re there all the same. If theyā€™re addressed in a later update, great! But I wonā€™t lose any sleep if they never are get looked at.

Just looking at my logs, and I can hardly believe Iā€™ve put over 100 very happy hours on the Bonanza since about mod 0.3! Iā€™ve said it before but it bares repeating: Well done to all involved on this mod (and the Working Group mod)! Truly remarkable work!

2 Likes

I find that many saved flights donā€™t have everything set as they were :frowning: (not blaming the A36 mod, to be clear) ā€¦ but like you Iā€™m not losing sleep over it (my day job makes me lose enough sleep already!)

Have only a few hours in the Bonanza myself, and agree completely, itā€™s a great plane and getting better all the time with the work theyā€™re doing.

1 Like