Game freezing in flight and in menus

I think you might have turned on active pause? The toggle is the pause button on your keyboard, it will freeze your plane. Trying tapping it again to unfreeze.

No, active pause was off. It was flying well until I came near narita.

Quote myself for updateā€¦ freezes r back after a few days though my power settings for bt and usb controlls are still set. Have to see for another reason I guessā€¦

I just experienced that for the first time while approaching EDDC.

I was experiencing this also. Just started using MS Flight on a new gaming desktop and was using built in bluetooth for my logitech keyboard/mouse combo. After eliminating many other ideas, I started to suspect something with the bluetooth devices sleeping as it only seemed to happen after a period where the mouse/keyboard were not in use, but I could find no way to disable sleep (option not available in device manager properties) and I really did not want to use a wired keyboard as my wireless keyboard can switch between my personal and work computers.

But I realized that my Logitech mouse had one of those logitech unifying receivers in it, so I switched to using that on my gaming desktop and voila! no more hangs/freezes.

I wish this was the answer for me however I donā€™t have any wireless/bluetooth devices attached. My freezing is however 100% predictable. Fly IFR and as the aircraft passes over the first waypoint on an approach the thing freezes so that I have to reset using Task Manager. If I fly VFR I can fly the route and only experience a short 5 second pause on touchdown. Ticket currently with Zendesk.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem flying approaches into Canary Isles. Descend at transition and get within 200-50nms of destination and it freezes. Tried many times with different aircraft and various routes and each time it freezes near destination. Bug logged at Zendesk

And no Bluetooth devices?

If youā€™re using the G1000NXi mod off the marketplace make sure youā€™ve updated it as it was that that was causing the freezing.

Not sure why the G1000NXi mod could be culprit when flying CJ4 or CRJ?

Not had problem with Bluetooth devices previously but will try my wired keyboard and mouse in next couple of days to see if that resolves it and will post back. Thanks for tip

This issue is seriously making me want to quit the hobby.
Playing in VR, first the sound stops, then I get a notification that my volume level has changed, then the game freezes. I get a second notification that the volume level has changed. The sound comes back on. the game is still frozen for maybe a minute.
This thread has had a few good suggestions. Bluetooth seemed promising, but nope.
I have no mods except G1000NXi (always up t date), although in the CubCrafter it isnā€™t used.

My PC spec is OK, 32 Gb RAM, but only a 1660 Super GPUā€¦ which runs surprisingly well on low graphics settings. Yes, it runs at 100% all the time, but handles backcountry flying and bush trips really well with the Reverb G2. Except there are the inexplicable 1 min freezes maybe 3 or 4 times in 30 minute flight.
It is amazing that we all put up with this ā– ā– ā– ā– . Nothing to indicate it is being looked at by Asobo. We are all hooked up to the internet all the time. These sort of issues have the ability to be automatically reported, but Asobo are more interested in banging out new world updates than improving quality.

Just before posting, I thought Iā€™d check the power management of all my devices. I did have some HID devices with the ā€œAllow the computer to turn of this deviceā€ setting ON. I have changed them all to OFF, and I will see how I go and report back.

But regardlessā€¦ it is still a bug!

For me, the freeze without CTD that lasted from 10 - 50 seconds inflight and in the menus was due to my Bluetooth mouse. I now used the USB and no more freezes.

Regarding CTD, since SU5, the nightmare beganā€¦ prior to SU5, not a single CTD.

Iā€™ve uninstalled all the overclocking utilities like Afterburner, MSI Dragon Center and it made a lot of differences even though Iā€™ve lost about 3 - 5 FPS which is unnoticeable for MSFS20.

I am having this issue too. I donā€™t have any Bluetooth devices installed AFAIK, but Bluetooth is turned on. Iā€™ll turn it off to see if that helps in my case.

Fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:

Interesting topic. I have started having sim/display freeze about 30 minutes in to a flight. No crash, no error reports, just freezes up. I am on Windows11 and use an HP G2. I do use a wireless keyboard and two wireless mice. I will check the power settings on these tomorrow and see if that solves the problem. I am using the Public Beta for MSFS2020.

I just started having these issues today.
After trying many different things and looking thru what was running in my task mgr I ripped out MS Edge (dont use it) as well as MSEdgeWebview2Runtime (which had about 20 items in my task mgr list, no idea what it does). hereā€™s the link to remove that if you want.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/394752/cannot-uninstall-webview-silently.html

iā€™ve been flying now for nearly 3 hours on a long haul with no freeze ups!

happy landings!

Interesting, thank you for sharing @KingpinAir2061. I have freezes inflight that last about 30 seconds. The game usually stops doing anything. Then it recovers and I can continue without a ctd. Is it the same with you?

Yep! Thatā€™s exactly what started happening to me very recently.
I havent had any of those freezes since taking the measures I mentioned.

1 Like