Game keeps crashing after last update

Hi, after this last patch the game is unplayable for me:

• crash to desptop with no message at the moment of 100 percent of UK POI package update (need to restart PC and then this update finished as well)
  • crash to desktop with no message during ANY flight load, always at ca 85 percent of loading bar
  • once with error message “software expetion 0x80000003” and once with 0xc000012d
  • only with Low graphic settings the flight sometimes finishes and I am able to fly, but before this patch, I used Ultra settings with no problem (AMD 2600, RX 580 8GB, FHD res, no comunity content, no mods, just clean FS, live traffic OFF, live weather OFF)

So I made clean reinstall of W10 and clean download of full FS to be sure about data integrity and system condition and…? the same FS crashes at the same situations.

Is there any log in the game to send to MS team to find out the cause of it? Thanks

That’s a breakpoint exception. Breakpoints are used by programmers, and should not be in a release.
Check out similar issue (and solution) back in december,

you many RAM you own ?

In case you own 16GIG RAM then increase the windows virtual memory.
It’s meanwhile well known, that you need overall memory 32GIG. Thus possible set 4gig MIN and 16Gig Max.

1 Like

yes thats was the point, I had set manual virtual memory to 3GB (as I do for many years afrer PC reinstall) and with 16 GB RAM it is obviously problem.
So I set it back to “automatic” VM and all the problems are gone, game goes smooth.
Thanks a lot, this topic can be closed :slight_smile:

a note about “system managed” (auto): this is what we expect how it should work, but lot of users reported an issue with this setting “windows does not increase the pagefile to the expected value (necessary amount)”. In case you run into similar thing, try to set the max value manualy.

I got this issue 3 times while flying over London after the update. I have 16Gb of RAM as well. I very rarely had CTDs before. I will try to set my pagefile to “System managed” and see what happens.

with bit luck and enough free disc space, windows does correct increase your pagefile.
If not, then set it manual to at least 20 GIG, better more.

An example how the whole system load can looks like in London ( near 4K/Ultra ):

I had several flights, including in London, and I had no crashes since changing the pagefile setting. I run in near 4K and Ultra as well.

1 Like