Genuine question what is the auto pilot problem?

Do your routes ever include high altitude Jet routes with a STAR into an Approach.

I’ve never been able to get the VNAV function to work.

Let’s stay on topic folks. Sniping at each other isn’t constructive nor is it allowed. This thread was just swept for such non-compliant posts. Thanks.

Hi Cynical…

I do virtually the same as you, I find it enjoyable to manage the work load myself and if weather intervenes and alters those variables so much the better.

I Will qualify I too fly mainly turbo prop garmin equipped aircraft, I use Air Hauler 2 to add variety to routes and so far enjoying it .

Ex Tenebris

No I dont do high altitude flights. I enjoy the actual piloting activities more. The way you learn when you start flying lessons. Bit old fashioned I suppose. But maybe thats the point what folks describe as the ‘auto pilot’ problem, is infact a FMC issue.
I use all the basic functions you would find in an auto pilot but I perform the FMC function as the pilot.

never heard of Air Hauler 2. Sounds interesting. I will check it out.

Here’s one for you.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tbm-930-autopilot-resulted-in-crash-caught-on-video/301885

And another.

And a Longitude issue. It’s challenging enough to fly the Longitude properly, but when you’re in solid IMC, heading to minimums and then find out the aircraft is over 100 feet off the runway centerline, it’s very unnerving. All you can do is take the miss and head somewhere else.

Were any of those instances using the stock G3000?

I assume to are correctly approaching the glideslope from underneath ?
If not, that may be the issue.

No. All were Working Title mods.

Using the latest versions of everything, this issue may be corrected now. This was a well known MSFS issue.

Absolutely. I fly by the published charts and constantly monitor the instruments.

Also, I fly the WT CJ4. AP at Low Altitude IFR/ILS.

Used to always capture the GS.
Stopped doing that.

Finally read in the WT CJ4 Manual:
“Keep speed (Indicated Air Speed) below 200 and above 160 IAS
to capture the GS.”

That works 100% of the time.

1 Like

I have issues when I select an approach with the C208 and then switch to VR. It will deactivate the approach. Now I select heading mode, switch to VR, then reactivate the approach.

Typically I’m always at the approach speed, usually around 120-160 depending on weight.

Still no joy.

I am not to sure what you describe but here is what I do and that hasnt failed on th C208:
When I see that the localiser and Glideslope are active I make sure I am switched from GPS to VOR (NAV mode) (although I tend to be in NAV mode from the start)
Then I engage approach. When I get the 500ft warning I switch off the Auto Pilot and land manually.
You mention VR which, if you mean Visual Flight then it would of course drop the approach.
If with VR you mean Nav mode then the above may assist.

I am talking about Virtual Reality. I start a flight not using virtual reality. About halfway through my flight, I will pick the approach I want. Then about 30NM out, I will switch to Virtual Reality. When I get my headset on, the approach I picked will have deactivated.

Let me use this as an example. I will fly from KISW to KCMX. I selected VFR at the world map. On my way, I will decide the winds will favor an RNAV approach on runway 13. I select the JOVSI transition. The new flight plan becomes
KISW → JOVSI → BAPYA → FEGOD → RW13
I will switch to virtual reality and my flight plan will change back to the original.
KISW → KCMX.

Now that I bring this up, I also notice that the initial waypoint doesn’t show up on the PFD either. In my example above, it shows BAPYA while flying to JOVSI.

I do feel like during an RNAV approach the glidepath diamond doesn’t work. I can usually pick up the glide slope with a little bit of luck.

ah yes of course, what was I thinking. I dont use VR myself so have no experience and it isnt something that comes to mind…
does sound like a bug. You should report it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.