Getting no satellite data anywhere

I’m getting no satellite data anywhere in the world so no ground textures or trees.

I have data and bing map data on and I’ve cycles the settings a dozen times at least.
I’ve signed out and back into my account.
Bings maps works fine in the browser, PC’s Internet connection is good.
Been happening on and off since thursday afternoon.

Anyone got any ideas?

No, but I have the same issue.

1 Like

I also have this issue

1 Like

I just launched msfs and discovered that neither Bing Graphics nor Photogrammetry were working, and before anyone asks, yes, they are both enabled. I also tried restarting the game to see if it fixed the problem, but it didn’t. Worst of all, I just played last night and everything appeared to be normal, I also logged out of my Xbox account to see if it would resolve the problem, but it didn’t. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

KSFO

3 Likes

I logged a Zendesk ticket 4 days ago. Ticket number #119231
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/119231

Only canned responses so far.

1 Like

You could try this method. NO Photogrammetry loads in game - #23 by AirCanadaYT
Didn’t work for me but it’s worth a shot.

Update I logged out of the Microsoft app, as well as the Xbox Companion App and game bar, and then uninstalled the Xbox Companion App and game bar, which seemed to fix my problem! if that doesn’t work I suggest you try this https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016892819-Access-to-the-content-servers-is-currently-unavailable-error-message

Tried all that. None of it works for me.

Just to add to this, the issue just resurfaced so I’m back with the horrible ground textures.

I’ve had no textures since Monday so last night I reinstalled the entire sim from scratch. Deleted the Steam and AppData directory and reinstalled.

This morning the issue was still present, and still no response to my week old support ticket.

1 Like

I have no satellite imagery just for 1 specific area (my local area only out of the 4 areas ive checked up to now). Other areas appear ok. Been through all the steps recommended (did several searches before posting this).

EDIT : just tried another area and that is without satellite imagery too so its not just 1 area.

Hi is this the steam version?

mine is steam version

this is what my in game map looks like for heathrow, its not right surely?

That’s what my whole world has looked like for over a week, even after a full reinstall.

i’ve just started a full re install, will have to try it. can’t really understand why this problem has happened tbh.

Any ORBX product installed?

Same for me. Was working fine until Mon (16 Aug) then on Tues I noticed that Bing maps data was missing from the map and the sim. Tested with the Discovery flights and found the same. There are some areas, completely random in location it seems where a mixture of default landclass and satellite tiles are displayed on the map, varying with magnification. Obviously this looks horrible and is no use either!

I’ve tried every suggestion I’ve found on the forums and the support pages, none of which have made any difference. I even restored a full system image taken just prior to the 1.18.15 update, which after the patch was installed made no difference. The sim is set up completely in the default state so no community add-ons , changes or tweaks. Internet access generally is fine. Definitely seems like an MS problem on the servers.

2 Likes

Yes steam version.

Nothing installed. Full clean reinstall.

I agree that this must be a server issue. For about a week I went through a period where the Bing data would load one day but not the next with no changes on my end whatsoever, before it finally stopped working for good at the start of this week.

Would be nice to get some feedback from Asobo that they are at least looking into it, but so far nothing. They haven’t even asked for any logs. Don’t think I’ve ever paid >$120 for a PC game before in my life, let alone one that then doesn’t even work at all.