Getting no satellite data anywhere

+1, no streaming scenery, not even the world map will load. Wish I’d read here sooner I restarted the sim and PC several times!

This sim is so aggravating that the problem has reappeared after 9 days.

2 Likes

I got this answer:

There are several reasons why the rendering of the World may be poor.

1. Photogrammetry is turned OFF or needs to be restarted.
    • Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
    • Go to Options
    • Go to General
    • Select Data
    • Toggle Photogrammetry “ON”
    • Click Apply & Save

2. Photogrammetry is turned ON but the bandwidth is insufficient to render the heavy density.
    Use a cabled connexion instead of wifi and make sure to have 50 Mbps for the best result.

3. Cache conflict
    Delete the manual and rolling cache. See: How to delete the Rolling Cache and the Manual Cache

4. Restart online functionality

• Go to Options > General > Data
  • Toggle Online Functionality OFF
  • Click on Apply & Save
  • Toggle Online Functionality ON
  • Click on Apply & Save

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

None of those options have worked for me. My status is offline and I’m unable to even click anything on it. It’s blanked out so I can’t even change that, Signed in and out as that button works but that didn’t change my online status either

1 Like

Turn on Multiplayer :hugs: that will set your status to online

Thanks for sharing @flippflopp90

Unfortunately none of these suggested fixes work. What’s worse though is that every single one of them has been discussed and debunked on this forum thread, long before Asobo suggested them to you. This, to me, shows that they’re not even reading this forum thread. Frustration is really growing at this point. Since SU5 over a month ago the simulator has been such a buggy mess, somehow with an increasing number of things going wrong. Surely the first priority should be fixing this kind of thing, over adding in new content like the world update. Hopefully it’s fixed then but hey, if they don’t read the forums then who’s to say they even acknowledge this problems exists.

I hope someone from Asobo reads this. For over a month their £110 product has been working in a limited capacity (or not at all) and it simply isn’t acceptable.

4 Likes

Didn’t work for me neither.
My status is online. Online data is enabled and still I get offline map.

2 Likes

These don’t work for me.

1 Like

Further to my last post, the dev team have now acknowledged the issues and are ‘looking into it’- fingers crossed a fix comes soon. Don’t think there’s much else any of us can do at this point, sadly.

2 Likes

Please join this conversation - the above Tweet mirrors what the Community Manager just stated:

1 Like