Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

I did exactly that, made no difference, even when the only addon being used was GAIST, and whether or not Addons Linker was used.

Do you use the Store version? I know several people including myself who have the hang problem and we all use the Store version. I am wondering if some Steam users also have the problem?

This is not an add-on conflict, please stop spreading wrong recommendation, this is already complicated enough finding the culprit. :sleepy:

Iā€™m on Store version too.

1 Like

I have the same problem with Steam version

Iā€™m on Windows store, loads of add-ons including AIG and although I use add-on linker have placed Gaist V2 direct into my Community folder as I always want it there.

Iā€™ve not had a single issue with itā€¦this sim can be a fickle old beast canā€™t it?!

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried Gaist V2 both places, first directly in Community folder, then moved to using with Addon Linker. Same issue.

Ok that makes sense now. I didnā€™t realise it was that involved, but thankyou.

Not an addon conflict for me. The failure happens for me with only GAIST Ultra BETA installed in my community folder and hasnā€™t happened without. Iā€™m still looking for a copy of v2 since it was working for me before the most recent MSFS update and Iā€™d like to try it again despite the reports from some that v2 fails for them.

(Iā€™m using a Steam version of MSFS.)

Out of interest, for those of you having issues, do you ever use something like CCleaner to keep your Registry tidy?

I run it every couple of days and the amount of utter guff it clears out is astounding. Iā€™ve found in the past that running it can be the difference between something working and not working.

Just a thought.

1 Like

Just wanted to add that Iā€™ve had the same problem with the sim freezing after hitting ā€œFLYā€. I wish Iā€™d seen this thread earlier as I did the old ā€œprocess off eliminationā€ game in the community folder to verify it was the GAIST mod. Also as others have stated it started sporadically after SU8 but the bug was occurring
pretty much 99.9% of the time after WU8. I have not had the time to troubleshoot a lot of the suggestions mentioned here yet.

1 Like

Just another thought, i wanna share with you guys:

It seems, there can occur - at least some - bugs, possibly caused by addons, which are NOT directly fixed again by deactivating addons.

In another problem thread, we found out, that some people have grafic issues since the last world update. Also deactivating all addons did not fix it.

I found a way for me, to fix this problem.

DonĀ“t worry, that thread is about a totally different problem, but maybe the ā€œprocedureā€ i mentioned there may help to fix your problem with GAIST too? It could be worth a try.

1 Like

Good suggestionā€¦ it could help work out whether it is a problem with windows, the sim or GAIST thatā€™s broken? I wouldnā€™t want to do that for every update though :grimacing: Real pain in the rear.

Hi,

GAIST Ultra BETA is awesome and works perfectly.

I only had this missing texture over the English Channel. An idea of the possible cause?

Iā€™m going back fishing at sea, itā€™s so good :wink:

3 Likes

That one is easyā€¦ The cause is me using a _Comp file twice instead of a _Norm file and _Comp file.

Thank you so much for posting the screenshot it makes life easy - it took less than 60 seconds to find and correct the problem. The ship is the French A608 Var.

8 Likes

Kind of to summarize this HANG Issueā€¦ to perhaps help isolate this issue?

Have done extensive testing as well have many others.

We have ā€œHangsā€ SIM lockups when trying to load a flight when GAIST is activated.
The flight begins to load up to @ 40-50 % then pausesā€¦ ā€¦ then HANGS and the sim is unresponsive from that point. LOCKED up and the only way to resume is to force close the sim via the task manager.

This seems to be an intermittent hang problem - after SU8, or a subsequent hidden update @ in the past 3 weeks). (No change after WU8/Iberia).

The intermittent ā€œhangingā€ problem when trying to load a flight continues and it is random with no rhyme or reason and does not seem to be consistent upon location as the flight load will hang - then if a reboot of the sim with the exact same add-on scenery and parameters the load the flight with no issues. Go figure!

Makes no difference if using the Store or Steam version.
Version of MSFS has not been established by could make a difference.
(I have premium-deluxe and have these HANGS)

Seems to make no difference if the Linker is used or if GAIST is placed directly in the community folder.

Since SU8 (or subsequent update?), seems to make no difference what version of GAIST- now any version of the Global ships package is causing the hang: V2, v2.10 or the latest v2.15 ultra-beta - the sim experiences the intermittent ā€œHANGā€ condition.

Makes no difference if GAIST is the only add-on activated: As long as it is activated, either by linker, or physically present in the community folder, random HANGING occurs when trying to load a flight (from the world map).

Seems to make no difference what settings are used in the Ships/Ferries.

No HANG when load flights if GAIST is disabled (linker) or removed from the community folder.

Is there something in the SU8 or subsequent update that now conflicts with GAIST?
IE: a sim boat/ship model that is conflicting with some model or track in GAIST?

ORā€¦ In the MSFS Sim is there perhaps now a new? threshold or limit of bgl that can be loaded for a flight? GAIST is very large.

AI Global Ships pack (Ultra beta) v2.15 - 9.75 gb,
There is 2158 tracks bgl, (359 actual vessels - each with 7 or 8 liveries).

I have no idea but GAIST worked fine before SU8. So frustrating to have to reboot the sim to get it to load a flight. Fingers crossed. Will it go this time or hang? But I want definitely GAIST in my sim!

Again, until 3 weeks ago (prior to SU8) I never had a problem and ran with out issues.
But nothing but problems in the last 3 weeks with this flight loading HANG condition.

Any help here would be appreciated.

2 Likes

I have experienced exactly the same situations as you have noted here. Completely random. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnā€™t. Nice write up btwā€¦

What makes this really strange is that for some there is absolutely no problem. It is not an inherent problem between the sim and GAIST because then it wouldnā€™t work for anybody. Also while at first some reported it wonā€™t work with AIG it is now proven that it can work perfectly with AIG as shown eg in the videos from @V2disp3lda There has to be a third factor playing in. I agree with you that the size can be a potential issue and currently search for a solution along that line. I understand from your text that you have tested with v2 and v2.10 also after SU8 with same hanging result?

PSā€¦ it is 359 vessel folders but each vessel folder has not just different textures but can also contain very different vessels e.g. compeltely unrelated ship types like in the folders with fishing boatsā€¦ It is 680 different vessels /gltfā€¦

It is interesting. I have no issues at all.

Its almost as though something is locking the file(s) when they are being read. Something occurred to me earlier today, and this my be a red herring, but worth looking into.
Sometimes when you extract a zip file, the contents can be ā€œblockedā€ by Windows. This usually occurs with executable files, but for example, it can also happen with other file types. When I download FLAC files from Bandcamp for example, after extracting the files, I need to ā€œUnblockā€ them in the file properties so that I can change the tags for example.
Blocked files should still be able to be read, but not always.
Can I also ask those who are having the problems, which extraction tool they are using to extract the zip?

Henrick: All worked before SU8ā€¦ and after SU8 for a whileā€¦ but then 3 weeks ago something changedā€¦ update perhaps? and from that time, the Hanging started. All versions worked fine for me prior. But have now deleted the 1st GAIST v2.0 but 210 and 2.15 Ultra cause intermittent hanging when trying to load a flight.