[GUIDE] How to set up taxiways and parking so the ATC and AI use them correctly

Thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate it.
That does put the task into perspective for me, and it also gives me some good technical guidance.

cheers

1 Like

Thank you, I’m about a day in to trying to trying to fix up my local airport and have a pounding headache. I may be too much a perfectionist for this without enough skill.

I’ve been struggling with a few things and I’m not sure if I should delete or modify. The AI buildout of the airport is mostly good with a few minor issues but it’s also outdated and includes parking where there should be hangars, trees on the apron, huge, thick tree growth, etc. I’m noticing the existing apron seems to cause some of the tools to act a little funny.

Another issue that bothers me are signs on the runway. For that do I need to delete all signs?

I feel like I want to start with a simple iteration, but I may need to start with deletion of most base objects.

Also looking on tips for grouping and workflows, say like I want to split workflows into logical groups? For instance, cleaning up trees, tweaking apron and grass areas, adding heliports, etc.