Guys don't buy this game other than from STEAM, non-Steam versions cannot be installed without app store and don't work on LTSC/LTSB

You are probably playing at 1080p
I’m talking about 4k as advertised in the trailer as “4k in real time”

Again, where is the source? Please post the source stating that it’s 30%.

30% is the standard the big guys like the Orbx and PMDG of the world can sign contracts to negotiate better rates… but the fact is even with FLIGHT it was 30%…

Nobody plays sims in 4k res with anything less than 2080ti SLI and a 5.3 ghz 10 core monster @ 30 fps or below, so don’t act like this is even remotely abnormal. No sim, be it Xplane or P3D performs great at 4k, P3D doing best there. Ms never advertised 2020 as being a 4k 60 fps sim or anything. They just wrote that the shown footage was in 4k, thats all and that says absolutely nothing beyond that statement.

Like yeah, I am one of those people uninstalling most of the preinstalled Windows apps through PowerShell, but I of course keep some necessary stuff like the Xbox Identity Provider, the Store and the Photos app. ^^ I deliberately bought this sim on the store and not steam, as I am not a big fan of steam and don’t have it installed on my machine anyway - unlike the MS Store. You need a Microsoft Account to play this game (Right?) and some ppl might not want to additionally create a steam account.

There are valid reasons to buy this on the MS Store and not on Steam!

Ok, so you have no source, you can’t factually prove your statement is objectively true. Case closed.

All I’m saying was the guy saying this was going to come to mobile soon… not possible unless it was with Google Stadia using Google Maps with graphics reduced 90%

And 10 years ago I bet people thought a simulator would never come out that offered global scenery and realtime weather. Yes it is broken now but the base is there. I did not say soon anyway I said in the future. Everything I have gathered is MSFS2020 is going to be around a long time. Once it matures and grows out of its growing pains it will be 2nd to none. In addition this sim was designed for future tech, alot of people don’t get that your’e not going to be able to get 100fps at maxed out settings with current HW. When they start adding things after bug fixes people will have to upgrade to keep up. I expect in 5 years current HW will be minimal to run it. DX12 will enhance it yes but will also open up other stuff to add so this will be one of those games that convinces you to upgrade.

I like to see potential, not negative. It is brand new, using tech that has never been tried before in a Simulator.

@ wombatlemineur

Case closed?

The only case is the fact that since 1984 for every version of Microsoft Flight Simulator there had never been a “tax” until FLIGHT (which flopped) and FS2020

This is FACT.

Arguing if it is exactly 30% or 28.97% is meaningless…

lol - this doesn’t mean that it “flopped” because of the “tax”

Selling a full game on steam for exposure is drastically different than 3rd parties selling addon packages to base software, once they get on MSFS most will use marketplace to purchase addons. Smart business.

It flopped in large part because none of the developers got on board, PMDG publicly attested to this.

And it was because of the 30% tax that MSFT was asking for…

There were soooo many other issues then just the “developer tax” :joy:

It flopped because it was a ■■■■ game aimed at casual players. Flight was ■■■■ all around, saying it was because of the tax is a reach.

Is there any person out there going to come to this forum and check this post before buying? I’d rather put this as a review on windows store and steam to the product where you can reach your potential target. (was an honest question).

Agreed @anon96971977

You say that now retroactively after the fact

But at the time not according to the Tom of AVSIM, FLIGHT could do no wrong… it was the best thing since sliced bread they said… (poor Tom rest his soul RIP)

I agree. Mobile? Forget it.

Then post proof of it? Otherwise it’s talk. If you say it’s a fact, then that fact NEEDS to be based in objective reality. So, again, WHERE IS THE SOURCE? 28,31546% OR 30,09765% Where are the numbers, my friend? Post a source, your opinion doesn’t count.

Flight had a 30% tax, this was the reason PMDG didn’t jump on board, go to their forums and find the post by Robert… its public info.