😂 How can it be that 1440p is more eye candy than 4K to me?

But the thing is that on my end i think the opposite.The world from above can’t be crystal clear etc,except the cockpit.
I know it seems stupid since i got that exact GPU for 4K which is what happens in all other games.
For example,i can’t imagine MK11 and FH4 without 4K.
But MFS seems…TOO CLEAR for being a simulation.
It needs to be blurry,foggy etc on certain level that is of course

1 Like

In all other games it is.But the sim seems TOO SHARP while the world from above it is not

:point_up: I really don’t see the point of a flying sim 4k in a small monitor,that’s why i went with a 50inch

1 Like

Yeah, blurry terrain textures kill the immersion altogether for me, but I prefer to fly tubeliners, so it is what it is. I got spoiled in X-plane because my Orthos were high-res. I doubt this sim will ever be really friendly for high-altitude flying, but for VFR it’s amazing.

When I do VFR, 4k isn’t a problem for me. It’s the FBW combined with certain addon airports that seem to bring my PC to a crawl.

2 Likes

If you think its to sharp looking maybe deactivate it in the user.cfg.opt

1 Like

How do you get the depth of field effect? I have seen the youtuber Variable do the same but I have not idea how to use it.

For your convenience :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

With the nvidia i can use experience settings by creating filters with certain option to enhance graphics and change colour scale to more natural.
I do not know if you have these filters or simular on amd graphics but if they have try to reduce sharpness with these

1 Like

It’s tilt shifting

1 Like

No, it isn’t. It’s just some blurry overlay.

You basically can’t create tilt/shift effects afterwards since you’re lacking depth information which is crucial for proper tilt/shift simulation.

Thanks! I use nvidia, so it is perfect

1 Like

My monitor is 1920 x 1080 144Hz and looks just as good.

3 Likes

Well…the software says it tilt shifting when i use it.
You can say whatever you like.

And guys…check your camera drone keys bindings.
F1 Depth of field and F2 controls the depth of it.
CTR+F2 or F3 controls the exposure

Lower res can often look better. It depends on the fidelity of the source material. Lower res can give a more coherent picture, while sharper res makes the lacking areas stand out. Many remasters on blu-ray suffer from this.

The human brain is also very good in filling in the gaps, which is why games in dark settings tend to look better than those in bright conditions. ‘Imagination’ fills in the rest. In many places FS2020 also looks better in fog and low light conditions. Bright sunny skies reveal all the bad spots.

I play on a 1080p screen, down sampled from 1620p, sharpening turned off, looks great.

2 Likes

You are definitely not alone! I play on a Samsung Odyssey G9 which is a 49" 1440 at 240 HZ and it looks absolutely syupid. Makes 4K look like standard HD to me now lol

1 Like

That’s the thing.The ultra sharp of 4K seems to spoil the immersion,instead of adding to it like for example it does in other games,more fantasy like.
Now i am experimenting in 4K with slider set to 70 but still…it seems too sharp :joy:
I can’t be at 30.000ft and see the ground like it’s next to me.
And for heavens sake.What’s there to have 4K ? The buildings who are textured like a ps1 game ?

1 Like

The planes basically, nothing else is ‘4K proof’ In many places ground textures are so poor 480p would be better! I always fly low though, but as you said, from 30,000ft the ground doesn’t look ultra sharp either.

Make sure you turn sharpen off in usercfg.opt, otherwise the games just keeps adding detail (noise) to make it seem sharper.

1 Like

:ok_hand:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.