How can we improve the state of discussion on these forums and avoid non-constructive negativity?

Wasn’t Microsoft credited some time ago with the invention of the circular firing squad system for meetings?

It’s not a Race thing at all, its 100% a Immaturity driven problem.

1 Like

I do not like to take whole groups into custody. The fact is, that some people go crazy and leave their private frustrations out on the internet. That is nothing new. Only clear names will solve this problem, even if I am against it, especially in political discussions. With games I have no problem with it.

Sorry, don’t understand? Got visit from a friend from Scotland, call Glen Fiddich. 18 years old but very nice.
Are you suggesting a firing squad instead of moderators or armed moderators.?
:innocent:

1 Like

I prefer Lagavulin 16y old or Talisker 15y old ; )

No. Sorry, VeryOldPilot. I hit the wrong key in an attempt to reply generically to the group rather than to you specifically.

1 Like

I have looked at your forum history and cannot understand why - assuming you have asked for help - got many of you post hidden.
If you want help, please open a thread on your problem in the bugs section. I am sure that many users who you call attackers will be willing to help if you cooperate.
However, please do not use the term ‘we’ or ‘us’ when (constructively) complaining about YOUR problem.

1 Like

Not at all.
Merely an offer of help and de-escalation.

Sure, I agree that this goes on.

But don’t make the mistake of not discerning the difference between an attempt to suppress genuine criticism [not acceptable] and criticism, railed against, because it has been expressed in an unpleasant, confrontational way. [probably pointless but eminently reasonable].

Now that’s not rocket science is it?

Like the Penalty Box in hockey!

Move the forums to imgur. Where people get downvoted into the ground if they are toxic.

When I do ‘this’, ‘this’ is what happens. I am using… ‘this equipment’. Has anyone else had ‘this’ problem and managed to find to solution?

A complaint in this format will likely not result in an attack or a flag.

I read the post about 5 times trying to determine where the “attack” was. Can you elaborate? What exactly offended you?

1 Like

I thing a long series of long lectures repeating themselves like a Mandlebrot set should do it.

I like Balvenie Doublewood 12 year old myself…

:grinning:

Oh no! Not politics!
When I was a kid ‘Trumpton’ had no negative connotations whatever.

1 Like

Finally an intellectual objection :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yea… I grew up with a bridge-playing Grandma who had the same bridge partner for over forty years. So that word meant something completely different to me…

:smile:

1 Like

If she is still with us! My compliments to your Gran.

1 Like

lol!

My post got “hidden by community flags”

I was waiting for that…

1 Like

I think, starting tonight, I am going to have a Zero Tolerance Policy on those who I find are posting in a way I do not care to read ( putting it nicely)

So far I have only set a few to IGNORE, and I have found that thereafter, EVERY time I see their hidden post, and unhide one to read it, it is a mistake.

Its not an ideal thing to do, but I am sure I will find the forum far less Toxic if I do.

My attitude towards them will be - couldn’t care less what they say, or what they say TO me or ABOUT Me.

So, whose going to be 1st ?? and yes, who cares !!!

1 Like