How to change username?

How do I change my username?

1 Like
2 Likes

https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag

5 Likes

I don’t have/use Xbox. So I’m stuck with playerxxxxxxxxxx?

1 Like

You don’t have Xbox but you have an Xbox account. Otherwise you couldn’t be using MSFS.

2 Likes

Interesting. But I guess I’m still stuck. Cheers

1 Like

What happens when you click on that link bernard1954 posted?

Bingo. Mea culpa. I was blind to Xbox.
Thx

… Should change soon…

Nope. Xbox social says I’m Robin flight xxx but that doesn’t change my tag here. Maybe it will cascade down in time. Thanks all for newbies help.

1 Like

When I loaded Microsoft Flight Sim. it gave me the tag PinkishCandle 27, I almost threw up. I didn’t ask for that and I want it changed to one of my choosing, can it be done I was going to put it in a new Topic but don’t know how to do it on this site

1 Like

Just click on the link from bernard: Xbox

1 Like

It took a while but it did change. Thanks everyone.

After changing your user name, how do you log back in? Do you need to enter your password? Is your password the same one for your Gmail account or what?

I thought I’d ask before I do this as I am worried that if I log out, I might not be able to log back in again!

Ideally you would use the email address that you provided to build your Xbox Gamer account. You also had to provide a password for that account. I would confirm the email you used is accessible still to you. If you can’t remember the password, well, there’s a reset/forgotten function, but it will go to the email account mentioned before.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you

Hello, I did the change on Xbox time ago and if it’s exact that it did change my name when passing the mouse curser on my profile tag, it didn’t change my name in any thread on this forum…
I’m still FlipPenguin8929, not NN_Avirex

1 Like

I did it ! You have to logout from this forum and reboot (mandatory) and then login again via Microsoft.
The point is how to logout as there is no logout tag anywhere on this web page ?
Here is what I did :
I clicked on my avatar , clicked on preferences (icon on the top right, looks like a “contact list” icon, doesn’ t display “preferences”) then preferences again (in the drop menu this time) and then at the bottom of the preferences page I clicked “Log out all”.
I had to reboot, then login again with my Microsoft account.
At this point my name on this forum became my Xbox live name.
There is some more: Now if I go back on the top right icon (the “seems like contact list” icon), there is an option to logout that wasn’t there before.
That’s it.

1 Like