How to get rid of the spinning data loading indicator lower right in the display

I just meant that I use the console to debug the plane errors and other stuff that the sim spits out. However I just wanted to add that I was flying the YMF5 the other day and all was fine then it just started going nuts with the loading indicator. I actually had the console open and to my surprise another plane must have entered my range and started flooding my console with errors. Clearing them did indeed fix the loading indicator and I was able to continue. Again thanks for the tip with this because it should not do that and Asobo needs to fix this asap.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œKWAiRT, post:21, topic:396636, full:trueā€] Clearing them did indeed fix the loading indicator and I was able to continue. Again thanks for the tip with this because it should not do that and Asobo needs to fix this asap.
[/quote]

Yes indeed it should get fixed. I mean to do a zendesk and will soon.

Well, if this fix is actually really a fix for it, then it has nothing to do with the servers.

On the other hand, thatā€™s totally weird that clearing a log of errors would have such an effect on performance of the sim.

As a matter of fact, itā€™s always bothered me there ARE so many errors in the console. Iā€™ve never fully gone through all of them, but I have read through some, and they are often errors about missing informatoin for the default aircraft and on an on. Youā€™d think Asobo would hire someone whoā€™s sole job is to go through and debug every error that comes up in the console. These errors that Iā€™ve been seeing in the console when I develop scenery are one of the major reasons I have so little faith in the quality of their code. How could they release code that clearly shows issue in their own debug code?

Maybe Iā€™m wrong, maybe they are just spurious errors because we donā€™t have some debug library or something, but, here we have a solution to performance related to I assume memory being consumed in error reporting thatā€™s not being released???

Did you happen to save the console text before you cleared it? Did you review what the errors were? It really bothers me that so many errors show up in the console, repeatable errors, too. When Iā€™ve reviewed them, I recognize the same errors. The list is so long though, Iā€™ve never gone through and read them all.

1 Like

Have been suffering this problem with the almost constantly spinning indicator in the bottom right for quite a while now.
No obvious common factor on when it starts happening, but once it does I get a 0.5 second pause every time it spins and once it starts that can be every few seconds.

Looking at my fps counter the average stays pretty much the same but the 1% low drops to about 6fps during the brief pause.
The only way I could get it to stop before was to exit the sim completely and restart.

Just tried the console trick as mentioned and cleared the 238 errors showing in the log. This stopped the spinning indicator and the pauses instantly.

So thanks for the heads up on this workaround saves a lot of time in restarting.

2 Likes

Logbook writing ? didnā€™t know that. during flightā€¦ I prefer everything be silent. No indicator.

But Iā€™d like to have that spinning indicator replaced by relevant messages, e.g. about my just finished flight: what the vertical airspeed was, touchdown distance from start of runway, arrival airspeed, the runway length used, and if my landing was logged 1. Now I see this spinning indicator and short flickering ā€œVALIDATEā€ that sais nothing. I have to go back to main menu to reach the log. And when I see the logbook, I only get 0 or 1 approval. I would prefer MSFS to use the screen space below to have a real status line: many more things about current flight and current takeoffs and landings. It can be done, SDK can show coords data in real timeā€¦

I fail to see the link between the spinning indicator and FS giving you information about your flight? Iā€™m pretty sure the only purpose of the spinning indicator is to let you know there is a serious data communication going on, where from and too, who knows? Itā€™s the equivalent of the blue spinning mouse icon, except itā€™s designed for X-box which doesnā€™t have an inherent mouse icon. As others have pointed out, the whole interface is basically console centric.

If youā€™re looking for information about your flight, Iā€™ve seen mods that do that, go check out Flightsim.to

Thereā€™s this oneā€¦

and thisā€¦

I havenā€™t tried them myself yet.

1 Like

Eej thanks for these links, gonna try some (btw I always like effective use of screen spaceā€¦ Iā€™ve always missed a decent status bar, Iā€™d like to have an option to switch that on)

1 Like

I agree with that. It would be nice to see the instrumentation screen that everyone turns off in the external view because you have to go into the options to control if itā€™s there, be keystroke switchable, and configurable to see all the information youā€™re talking about, but be able to turn some things off. Thatā€™s one idea.

It does more than that.

A simple test. Fly to an airstrip that you know you have never visited before. Land at it but do not slow down <15kts. You wonā€™t see the spinning indicator. Now go around, land on the runway, and come to a stop while watching the bottom right. The indicator will appear.

Itā€™s just logged an airstrip you have never visited before. I know because I found out the hard way while I was getting the achievement for visiting 500 unique airports that it only counts when you slow down to taxi speeds.

A handy tip for anyone trying to do the same, and doing touch, and goā€™s at high speed.

It will also appear when you enable/disable the autopilot, again signifying a change on your logbook, contributing to logged times either on or off AP.

Even with a way to turn that graphic off, those things are still going on in the background, you just wonā€™t see when any more.

Does more than what? I said itā€™s basically an indicator of serious data communication. When I say data communication, I just meanā€¦ any data. In the case you suggested, itā€™s highly likely a new process was spawned to start recording the fact an achievement was accomplished, and all the tasks associated with that. A process was started, data was communicated somewhere, to a file maybe in this case. All I said was itā€™s an indicator that stuff is happeninā€™ and maybe itā€™s saying ā€œhey, you might see a slowdown of graphics processing while we do this thingā€ā€¦ Like I said, itā€™s like the blue spinny mouse icon, except X-Box doesnā€™t have a mouse, so they do thatā€¦ Iā€™m sure lots of different processes can be ascribed to causing the spinny thing.

1 Like

Seems to be custom planes and liveries causing most of the fuss. While some of the errors are standard debug strings and common errors some are not. Iā€™m not so sure itā€™s the errors themselves itā€™s only when the console gets flooded with errors the problems become an issue. Some planes enter a state of continuous errors and they just flood the console at an alarming rate. When this happens the only way to stop the flood is to clear the console. Again the debug console should not be causing spinning loading indicator at any times, most certainly not flooding the client with micro stutter. This should be flagged as a BUG and fixed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.