[COMPLETE] I-95 Cross-Country: Miami FL to Houlton ME

Leg 6: Halifax-Northampton Regional (Halifax NC) to Martin State (Baltimore MD)

Disclaimer: this particular flight plan is totally unrealistic once we pass over Fort A.P. Hill - there is no way a light GA is allowed to fly over the most vital parts of Washington DC (including the White House), but I couldn’t resist - after all, it’s a sim, and part of the experience is being able to do and see things you couldn’t in real life. The alternative was to thread my way past multiple restricted airspaces and I still couldn’t reasonably trace I-95 as it joined around the eastern end of the Beltway.

'Nuff said. A nice ride up and over the National Capitol Region with arrival around Monument City (Baltimore) - 197 nm 01:36:00 enroute.

Departing Halifax-Northampton using a nice Burgundy livery for the Cessna JT-A:

Passing over Roanoake Rapids City:

Checkpoint - Emporia VA:

Fort A.P. Hill and the associated airfield (KAPH):

Approaching the Lower Potomac River:

Outside the PIC window - the famous US Marine Corps Amphibious Base at Little Creek - from left to right, the airbase, naval facilities and the “creek” itself is bisected by the wing strut:

Approaching DC - Alexandria suburb, framed between the door pillar and the starboard wing strut:

A wide-angle view of DC - prominently off the port-side nose is Ronald Reagan International Airport. The set of buildings to the west of the field is the Crystal City district full of high rises, shopping and business offices - many are accessible from underground connectors to ease ground level traffic. Directly off the nose across the Potomac is the District of Columbia - the Washington Monument is very visible, and before that, the unique shape of the Pentagon.

Nice obliques of the DC area - many of the major monuments and landmarks are easily seen from cruise altitude:

Leaving the Capitol in our wake, we approach Baltimore-Washington International (KBWI) on the way to Monument City:

Baltimore and the Inner Harbor:

The Francis Scott Key Bridge:

Passing White Marsh Mall - that’s I-95 bisecting the near horizon from left to right, on approach into Martin State:

1 Like