I have an idea about why the clouds color is off, brownish too much sometimes

I think the best thing for Asobo to do is to, first, add a very detailed color adjustment tool and, second, add a ‘slider’ control in the menus that controls the intensity of EyeAdaptation.

I’m not even convinced Asobo know what they did to the clouds that made things more yellow and I have to keep in mind the possibility that it wasn’t them that did it. The fact though is that the clouds are currently more yellow than they were from sim release up to either SU5 or SU7. I’m not exactly sure when the color change happened.
What I notice most is that the color of horizon clouds was shifted away from blue to more yellow and red. I also notice that nVidia’s filters have both ‘color temp’ and ‘tint’ and one seems to change the foreground more and the other affects the horizon more (or at least thats how it seems to me) and so maybe it was actually a DirectX change or something and Asobo didn’t directly do it… but that seems less likely than Asobo making changes that they themselves aren’t even aware of – which means it can’t be fixed by them as they can’t understand the complaint.
‘Yellow ashy’ cloud faces is only part of the problem. The sim has always from release had ‘yellow ashy cloud faces’. But it didn’t have as much yellow in the clouds themselves. Look at these two images. the first shows the blue that was and the second shows the more yellow:

I think it was done intentionally to make the ground look warmer but I don’t know and one could also argue that its better but what that extra yellow does to clouds in general - like making many of their shadows more of a charcoal color - is just not good to put it mildly.

Everyone has different eyes and different systems and Asobo seems unaware of their own obvious changes which only leaves me thinking that we need detailed color adjustment tools as its the only true answer I see.

1 Like