The ICON A5 2021 Performance Edition has a new supercharged engine that delivers over 150 HP, and comes with an upgraded avionics package that includes the G3X Touch display. The G3X Touch adds 2-axis autopilot to the Icon A5 making it an IFR capable aircraft while also giving pilots additional situational awareness via features such as synthetic vision.
Most performance and flight model changes were done by me with the avionics work coming from @davux3!
Aside from modding in Microsoft Flight Simulator, I also make content on YouTube related to flight and space sims which is where most of my Discord community has come from. I would love to see more flight sim fans hanging out in the server flying together and offering ideas and feedback for future mods. BETA versions will be offered exclusively via Discord. We need devs for our next top secret project!
Make sure the Uwa Light Mod for the Icon A5 has been deleted from your community folder as we include a version of this in our mod that doesn’t conflict with the autopilot features we’ve added
Make sure any of the previously downloaded versions of this mod that were named icona5-supercharged and/or icona5-insaneperformance have been deleted from your community folder as they are now obsolete
Unzip the provided file and place all folders into your community folder as is, please do not rename any of the downloaded folders as this may cause issues
You will be able to tell the mod was installed correctly by the default livery having a grey triangle in the lower left corner.
- Increased HP from 100 to over 150
- Increased cruise speed from 85 to 95
- Increased top speed from 95 to 120
- Water take off time of less than 6 seconds
- Ground take off time of less than 10 seconds
- Improved flight model with stable flight up to 120 knots
- Fixed thrust bug that was due to negative engine values
- Replaced stock Garmin Aera with the G3X Touch
- Updated G3X Touch adds previously unavailable autopilot capability
- Updated G3X Touch to included missing heading and altitude select buttons
- Removed redundant airspeed indicated from engine indication system (EIS)
- Cleaned up font and spacing of ambient air temperature on engine indication system (EIS)
- AS1000 backup display improved to include heading, also now includes a mode switch to use the 2021 option of omitting backup attitude indicator
- Replace engine BAR with PSI in engine indication system (EIS)
CREDITS & THANKS
FMIA - “Miami Fun” seaplane base shown in the header image was created by daniele986
Miami Fun for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS
Icon A5 Black Livery is included in the livery megpack and was created by SeeRyFly#2310
HUGE thanks to @davux3 the scope of this mod could not have increased without his help